Discussion: 'I Will Not Be The Villain Of His Story': Most Revealing Quotes From Cohen's ABC Interview

Don’t worry, Mr. Cohen, Trump never likes to share the spotlight. (On the other hand, you will probably have to accept going down in history as one of Trump’s stooges.)

11 Likes

‘I Will Not Be The Villain Of His Story’

Says who?

19 Likes

“That’s a big statement,” Stephanopoulos replied. “If you were sitting in this chair right now, what would you say to him?”

“Lay off Twitter, run the country the way that we all thought that you would, be able to take the Democrats, Republicans, bring them together and bring the country together instead of dividing the country,” he said.

Good grief. I addition to the fact that Trump is NEVER going to pivot, it’s too late for even an attempt at that now. Way too late.

Also, this seems noteworthy.

36 Likes

Important question: at any point in the interview, did Michael Cohen apologize for this sinful jacket?

Good god, man, I know you’re a felon who’s heading to federal prison, but have some self-respect.

13 Likes

Cohen was national deputy finance chairman of the Republican Party, involved intimately with the Moscow Tower project, and interacted practically daily with Trump and his adult children. There’s so much more here that needs to be fleshed out than just campaign finance violations, which are certainly bad enough.

32 Likes

So he can play the misguided disciple as well as he can play the thug.

12 Likes

Trump says all his investigated/indicted/convicted detractors are telling lies to embarrass him, preserve their freedom or reduce their jail time. Mueller has a mountain of evidence proving their allegations of what Trump has done. What they assert can be proven with evidence Mueller possesses.

Unfortunately the Senate will side with Trump in sufficient numbers to let Trump walk. Our only hope is someone successfully defies and prevails in opposing the OLC-DOJ advisory about sitting Presidents being exempt from criminal charges and trial until they leave office.

6 Likes

“Whether I shall turn out to be the villain of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.”

From the novel, “Michael Cohenfied”

18 Likes

Nobody thinks you’re the villain. They think you’re an idiot lacky who thought he was a bishop, but was actually an insignificant pawn.

In a loud, shitty coat.

19 Likes

Think you were into illegal activity before you got involved with tRump. Nice to hear your sentiments about turning things around and not lying any more but it’s a little hard to accept since you’re in the heat of the moment. If you can turn your life around that would be great, but I’m not holding my breath.

5 Likes

I am torn between not buying a gram of the bullshit he is peddling and feeling somewhat sorry for him.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Nailed it

5 Likes

Hey, nice uh…headgear!

7 Likes

He was having none of it. Lol. @lizzymom

13 Likes

You do sense a certain reluctance.

7 Likes

I’ll believe it when you do it.

2 Likes

Yep, looks like you will have to settle for being a slavishly devoted accomplice.

2 Likes

It was a photo shoot for a calendar produced as a fundraiser for a rescue group. He shook it off and bolted. His sister is more photogenic and patient. She was featured in the calendar wearing bunny ears for April.

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available