Discussion: Huckabee Jokes That He's 'Very Familiar' With His Wife's Yelling (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #242715

“It’s so funny when the women folk attempt to take the reins and give their obviously superior mate the what-for.”

And a good laugh was had by all.

The Republican Undercard Debate: not making it as candidates, not making it as politicians, not making it as comics.

3 Likes

Foreshadowing the General election attitudes to come.

1 Like

I’m happy to not be watching this foll-de-rol. So Mikey’s wifey yells at him? Hmmmm, sounds likea not-so-fun marriage to me. Mrs darr and I have been married 3 + decades and in all that time we’ve raised our voices to each other maybe twice or three times. We negotiate our differences. Maybe it’s because she’s my best friend and I respect her. And vice versa.

These guys apparently need to bone up on what humor is.

5 Likes

Asked by moderator Sandra Smith if Yellin was the right person to lead the United States’ central banking system, Huckabee replied, “Well my wife’s name is Janet, and when you say Janet yelling I’m very familiar with what you mean.”

Oh, seriously – what??

Huckabee went on to say that the Federal Reserve is in “big trouble” because it has failed to address stagnant wages that affect low-income workers.

What about Congress? What about the rules that have allowed fat-cat corporations to move production overseas – and get tax rebates for doing so!!??

1 Like

I thought Christie was supposed to be the Ralph Kramden of this group?

1 Like

Dissing is wife and all women at the same time? Way to go, Huck!

Totally substance-free Huckster says what?
The grift is strong with this one…

“Huckabee went on to say that the Federal Reserve is in “big trouble” because it has failed to address stagnant wages that affect low-income workers.”

Yo Huck, when can we talk about the effect of decades of disinvestment in American manufacturing and infrastructure, decades of union-busting, tax policies that undermined support for long-term industrial strength and domestic manufacturing?

And while we’re at it, how about talking about how the private sector was engaged in a policy of active disinvestment in these kinds of jjob-supporting facilities, which hollowed out our industrial sector:

Tax laws encouraging leveraged buyouts of manufacturers, which created huge amounts of tax-deductible corporate debt, resulting in pressure from shareholders to downsize, shift priorities and budget allocations, or otherwise trim expenses in order to maximize revenues and boost stock prices;

Private equity firms and corporate raiders acquiring industrial firms only to raid pension funds, spin-off or outsource profitable divisions, and sell off valuable real estate or other assets for short-term gains;

Tax laws that were enacted to provide firms with incentives to shut down factories and outsource, write off “phantom” losses that existed only on paper, take advantage of accelerated depreciation schedules, etc.

Of course, since you’re a right wing reactionary, I guess it’s more politically convenient to rail against the unaccountable central bankers.