Discussion: Howard Dean Announces He's Dropping Out Of Race For DNC Chair

1 Like

Guess no 50 state strategy for the next election. Hopefully whomever the next chair is will do that.

12 Likes

Too bad. Keith is a perfect fool.

4 Likes

I live in MN 5 and vote for Keith happily enough as a Rep. However his vocal support for Cornell West as well as his all-in for Bernie miles past the point of reasonable doubt calls his judgement into question for this level of national role IMO. I don’t support him for DNC in or out of the house.

12 Likes

NOOOooooooo

1 Like

Ellison will be a distraction. I agree with his focus on turnout (and that would have to involve a 50 -state strategy) but I don’t think he’s the best person to lead it.

3 Likes

Dean was the only choice who could make a difference.

Ellison would preside over the end of the party.

8 Likes

Welp, there ya have it folks. Anyone have any other ideas?

4 Likes

How about Julian Castro? His gig at HUD will be over soon…

11 Likes

Anyone have any other ideas?

How 'bout a younger version of Howard Dean. The Establishment Dems are of no use to the party anymore.

3 Likes

Jennifer Granholm.

14 Likes

"With great power ,comes great responsibility "

1 Like

That’s a shame. Dean is the only decent DNC Chair we’ve had in the last 25 years. WTF?

9 Likes

Regarding the 50 State Strategy I think the reality has changed drastically for the worse since Dean started it in 2005. We are looking at the GOP controlling the Senate for decades and being able to pass constitutional amendments through the state legislators. Unless Democrats can again be competitive in red states the Party is dead. Under Obama something like 1000 Democratic seats have been lost in State Legislators. That’s the massive problem.

After 2008 election:

After 2016 election: (fixed)

4 Likes

Run Joe, run!

I’m really hoping you meant Joe Biden and not Joe Lieberman :wink:

6 Likes

Me like!

The Democratic Party is a dead institution. Bury it and fold.

Time for real party that fights for the white middle class and the working class - Ellison will not win back the white middle class. Trump will love it if the DNC hangs on. Trump would freak out if a 3rd party was formed and it hired retired CIA counter espionage agents to counter Steve Bannon and Manafort and their Russian agents.

1 Like

As much as I like Julian, I don’t see him in this job. His career path is going to be as a candidate I believe, though which one and where I couldn’t tell you.

4 Likes

She doesn’t want it.

1 Like