Discussion: How Trump Org's Trusted 'Colorless' CFO Could Pose A New Danger To POTUS

1 Like

“If I hide behind these two display window mannequins, maybe the District Attorney will not notice me.”

22 Likes

Looking forward to pre-dawn warrant service for this fraudster.

14 Likes

Hanging with that crowd, Mr. Weisselberg better hope his life insurance premiums are fully paid up.

19 Likes

He ain’t gonna go to jail for the rest of his life. He’s gonna SING A SONG of TRUMPCRIME.

11 Likes

The headline is OK, but I would change the word “could”.

8 Likes

Just insert “Abso-fucking-lutely” after “could”.

17 Likes

Hey! It works… :laughing:

5 Likes

NEW YORK (AP) — Allen Weisselberg is seemingly everything his longtime boss, Donald Trump, isn’t.

The modest money man has always been content to work behind the scenes, with no hint of flash, braggadocio or ostentatious spending.

In fact, Allen Weisselberg has always had no reservation about using, or being described with big words that his employer would not understand.

10 Likes

Give him immunity, witness protection, and put him under oath. He no doubt has copies of everything on a thumb drive hidden away, just in case it ever came to this.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if this guy’s been skimming since day one. You don’t do accounting for a criminal enterprise just to collect a regular salary…

21 Likes

For his grand jury testimony in the Cohen case, Weisselberg received limited immunity, which would preclude any truthful statements from being used against him in a criminal case.

This is key, I think; he knows where all the bodies are buried and can not use Fifth Amendment protections, as far as I know. (IANAL.) I eagerly await his testimony.

7 Likes

Right!? This guy isn’t remotely cut out to spend even an afternoon in jail. I actually would be shocked if he isn’t already cooperating with at least two or three entities.

11 Likes

Thus far he’s only testified in situations where the feds already had him dead to rights and could offer him the chance not to die in jail. We’ll see how that proceeds.

13 Likes

Cracking this guy is not going to be easy - he has been bending/ twisting, ‘creatively interpreting’ tax law, accounting principles and business practices for the Trump organization since 1973??? This has really been his entire professional life - ben there since he was what ? - 25?

News Flash - he is not some righteous innocent bookkeeper nebbish poised to spill his guts upon the moment of being asked. He is the accounting mastermind - he has sat at the financial keyboard - a very elaborate keyboard - like the organ in radio city music hall - with tiers of keys and tons of pedals and buttons and stops - and he played those financial books like a magician hands & feet going every which way…

18 Likes

The feds - and New York state prosecutors - need to help this dull, colorless, but amazingly knowledgeable man come out of his shell …

8 Likes

It’s going to be stunningly easy because he’s not going to want to spend the rest of his life in prison. He’s not PP, he’s Jewish, and he’s not going to get protection in prison from white supremacist groups. Plus, he’s old and anyone who has an ax to grind with the president will be spoiling to get at him. It really doesn’t matter that he’s not really a nerdy bookkeeper. No one at any age wants to go to prison, especially old men.

15 Likes

Plus they have the paper trail or they wouldn’t be interested in talking to him. IF they didn’t already they wouldn’t have anything to ask him.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Trump testified in a 2007 deposition that Weisselberg was the one who valued his properties and other assets.

This will be very interesting to the investigators when they inquire why one of Toadglans’ properties, currently valued at $20-25 million, was suddenly valued at $210 million when the career criminal was trying to get loans to purchase the Buffalo Bills.

Like everyone else associated with this mob, he deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Personal note to Alan: Don’t forget to get your ass-tat!

6 Likes