Discussion: How The Leftist UC-Irvine Students Supporting A Flag Ban Are Getting Patriotism Wrong

Discussion for article #234196

I’m an Obama-loving Democrat and I find the actions of these UC-Irvine students completely disgusting. Bunch of spoiled brats and idiots. I’ll say this, though: Lunatic-fringe liberals like these morons have been ostracized by the national Democratic Party, whereas the lunatic-fringe conservatives are firmly in control of the national Republican Party.

5 Likes

Man, this is not a good idea. I guess those then-Negro who carried the American flag during civil rights marches were practicing conformity.

Ridiculous idolatry all around.

“Patriotism, n. Combustible rubbish ready to the torch of any one ambitious to illuminate his name. In Dr. Johnson’s famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferiorlexicographer I beg to submit it is the first.”

Ambrose Bierce

Short version - it is a mistake to let right-wingers take over using the flag to support their world view. Take back our flag!

1 Like