Discussion: How A NY Prosecutor With A 'Trump Ally' Reputation Won Over Skeptics

1 Like

Remember when even the possibility of the appearance of impropriety was sufficient to prompt recusal? Me neither. I must have read about it in history class.

6 Likes

the truly funny bit about Trump’s transactional view of loyalty is that now no one has any loyalty to him. Berman doesn’t owe him shit.

9 Likes

Good news, but Berman didn’t know the campaign contribution limits?? Wha???

4 Likes

Most likely it was two contributions with one of them supposed to be in his wife’s name and they screwed up the attribution.

3 Likes

This was the Trenton Titans of the East Coast Hockey League, which isn’t a top minor league like the American Hockey League, but isn’t a junior league nor an independent never-gonna-see-the-pros league. At least the Bermans didn’t run the team or the whole league into the ground, like Donald Trump did with the New Jersey Generals and the United States Football League.

4 Likes

Trump can’t even obstruct justice right.

5 Likes

While I appreciate the “feel good” argument that Berman is not in the tank for Trump, my strong, strong guess is that *having been advised to recuse from investigations involving Trump (*such as with Cohen) and having turned over those cases to the career staff, that Berman has stayed as far away as he can from anything Trump related. His name may appear as it typical on pleadings, my bet is there is a standing order not to discuss/consult with him on Trump cases.

Berman is a smart guy, and nothing good will come from his involvement in Trump cases. He either becomes a Trump target, or he gets ethical issues/charges raised against him.

6 Likes

I’m still skeptical.

donated to his campaign and then expected to prosecute him fairly? hah!

2 Likes

Plenty of businessmen donate to both sides of an election in order to be sure of getting special access no matter who wins. But a prosecutor shouldn’t. A private attorney hoping to get appointed to a DA position shouldn’t.

5 Likes

Stunning! A Republican with scruples? I admit I find it hard to believe and am wondering what the long con is… lulling us into a false sense of security so he can put his thumb on the scale when it really matters?

Ok, I’m kidding about the long con… mostly.

1 Like

Silly Wabbit
IOKIYAR
Always. In extramarital sex as in conflicts of interest. In body slamming Guardian reporters as in having your best friends from Whitefish, Montana, obtain a no bid, no audit, $300M contract to repair a power grid after a Cat 5 hurricane because of your mountain work expertise, and then claiming you cannot do your job because of those Puerto Rican Alps. In impeaching a Democratic President because of lying about adultery and staffing the House committee with a bunch of serial adulterers and chaired by a lifetime adulterer, as in nominating an angry drunk rapist to the SCOTUS. And being able to claim one is religious on top of it all.

1 Like