Discussion: House Judiciary Recommends Barr Be Held In Contempt Over Mueller Report

2 Likes

Actually, does anybody normal NOT hold Barr in contempt?

31 Likes

I’m shocked! Shocked!
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjm_tGd5IziAhXQTN8KHWuJDWkQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgfycat.com%2Fgifs%2Fsearch%2Fcasablanca%2Bshocked&psig=AOvVaw2R4Vk_AauvVuYL4gvTlyoH&ust=1557434078932214

4 Likes

I was only able to catch bits and pieces of the contempt debate, but it was one of those times you know you’re watching some important history. You can see the storm on the horizon.

22 Likes

LOCK. HIM. UP.

Lock all their asses up.

45 Likes

On the horizon? It’s already broken overhead.

17 Likes

Nancy better beef up funding for the Sergeant-at-Arms, maybe give him a few SWAT teams for the raids, since we know DOJ will never play ball.

7 Likes

And now the entire House votes on the measure, correct. It’ll be interesting to observe any Democrats voting no.

23 Likes

To borrow from Gandalf: “The wise speak only of what they know, William Barr. A witless worm have you become.”

17 Likes

Lock Him Up!

9 Likes

You know, the Rs are dead to charges of hypocrisy. They’ve self-inoculated themselves against it. You have to have a thread of honor or shame within you - for the charge of hypocrisy to have any affect.

They’re dead to it.

I’d point out the fact that they released Bill Clinton’s grand juryvideo testimony, released information about ongoing investigations, spoke out about Hillary Clinton’s emails, etc. etc. etc. But it wouldn’t have any value as a point of argument.

Stop worrying about how they’re going to feel about the speed or ‘comity’ of our arguments or movements.

Move fast. Break things.

I like the threat of the purse strings and paychecks. Now follow that up. Fast.

Agile development

25 Likes

Jerry Falwell, Jr maybe?

2 Likes

Even more interesting will be whether or not there is a single 'pub willing to stand up for the legislative branch of government.

My guess would be maybe because they aren’t all in ruby red districts!

22 Likes

Axis Sallulite: “Faced with Chairman Nadler’s blatant abuse of power…"

Irony isn’t just dead, it’s been dismembered, mixed with concrete, and buried under the end-zone at Giants Stadium.

40 Likes

Good. Now two weeks in the DC jail would be nice

5 Likes

If he does not want to held in contempt then he should not act contemptibly.

11 Likes

Don’t think that article stated if it was a party line vote.

3 Likes

Republicans are counting the months to November 2020. Every move they make is designed to delay the revelation of possibly unpleasant facts. This contempt citation provides another route to the courthouse, which is the only place anything will be resolved. The administration will not give up information until a court orders them to, and may not even then.

It would be nice if there were another way to do this, but Democrats have waited for fair play too many times in the past. It’s time to get moving and keep moving. Actually, it may already be too late.

8 Likes

Being a Republican requires a natural immunity to hypocrisy.

9 Likes

Debbie Mucarsel-Powell was particularly strong in stating the case for holding Barr in contempt, and what’s at stake, I thought, as well as responding to many of the republicans’ counter arguments.

15 Likes