Discussion: House Judiciary Dems Ask McAleenan For Info On Reports Trump Dangled Pardon

As the impeachment bus slowly gets serviced and ready to run…

12 Likes

I would love to see the time when Chump cannot take a plane or helicopter ANYWHERE. Buses and prison shuttle.

5 Likes

The new turbo-charger should be in by now…

4 Likes

How long before the patriotic GOP senators, representatives and cabinet members accuse Nadler of weaponizing the Constitution against our duly elected president?

4 Likes

Hey, it’s moving along. As Trump’s feeling unfettered and firing everyone around him, starting to slip up.

It’s like he’s under the impression that he could only have been impeached for collusion, not anything he does now…

6 Likes

Where does “bad faith” end and corrupt begin? These miscreants are not “bad faith actors.” They are simply corrupt.

10 Likes

Hey, no worries, he and Rudy will always have Paris…

2 Likes

The DEM’s new theme song.

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I’ll be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I’ll be watching you

6 Likes

… possible PSA?

That pardon offer sounds kind of like a bribe.

Speaking of bribes, if anyone is missing The Simpsons due to the AT&T/Northwest Broadcasting impasse: Call DTV and go through the prompts until you finally reach a human. Then threaten to drop them. You’ll be rewarded (BRIBED) with $50 off your bill for a few months — play hardball and go for a year — for your efforts.

2 Likes

It was a joke.

Everything I’ve said, tweeted or done for the past 20 years has been a joke.

Don’t you get it? What’s wrong with you?

I’m a fucking joke. My life is a joke. My presidency is a joke?

OK? Good enough? Fine, now back to keeping power so I can continue to do what I want and stay out of jail.

9 Likes

So what?!?

I recall Barr’s answer during his AG confirmation hearing a few weeks ago that dangling of pardon(s) = Obstruction of Justice.

Will Barr perform more VERBAL CONTORTIONS (ala summary non-summary) to protect Individual1?

4 Likes

House Judiciary Dems Ask McAleenan For Info On Reports Trump Dangled Pardon

They’re throwing McAleenan in at the deep end.

Good for them.

10 Likes

I think at that point we let him serve out his term, he being so damaged, and throw his ass in prison when his term is over.

1 Like

This is going to be fun, suddenly wingnuts will forget about the Second Amendment and the Constitution will all be about the Fifth.

3 Likes

I like this story but, in the end, this guy is a Trump appointee so unless there are other, non-Republican, witnesses whose livelihood doesn’t depend on the President’s good will (or absence of enmity) or audio tapes, then this goes nowhere. He won’t remember a thing. “Trump? Trump who?”

2 Likes

I think they are technically separate categories, albeit ones that often overlap.

I think corruption is essentially about self-dealing, whereas “bad faith” is when one abuses legitimate processes or powers while insisting that it’s not abuse. For example, McConnell blocking Garland was done in bad faith, as was his refusal to hold a vote on the border wall stuff based on his assertion that Trump wouldn’t sign it. But neither was corrupt, exactly.

Trump has deliberately eroded the distinction that is supposed to exist between himself as a private citizen and as a public servant, because he intends to steal from the Presidency for his own private gain, and this necessarily brings the two categories much closer together than they’ve ever been with any other office-holder.

5 Likes

I love this. Laying a solid foundation for impeachment charges, while they may be fruitless in the long run, due to the GOP deathgrip on the Senate, will at least demonstrate for the world what a corrupt POS our “president” really is.

2 Likes

These tapes of Trump, suggesting that Manafort deserves a pardon for refusing to become a cooperating witness, don’t establish a dangle*.

\* Because the criminal threshold for prosecuting a "dangle" requires three eye-witnesses to be present at a legal conference between the two parties and their legal counsel, and the offer must be made in writing on the letterhead of the Office of Illegal Contracts: Pardon Division, under the protection of attorney-client privilege. And, since no conversation is protected by that privilege when it includes third parties, and since the Office of Illegal Contracts: Pardon Division _doesn't have_ letterhead, the standard could not possibly have been met. All of this is based on sound and truly brilliant legal opinions and memoranda I've written and self-published under my mattress, and which you can't see because it's none of your business you fucking plebe.
1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available