Discussion: House GOPer: Obama 'Begging To Be Impeached,' Let's Avoid That 'Trap'

Discussion for article #226364

The only people who want impeachment more than the right wing of the Republican Party is the entire Democrat Party

Couple things:

1. the right wing of the Republican Party is basically the entire Republican party
  2. it is the Democratic Party, not the Democrat Party

If you don’t want the Democrats to use impeachment to raise money and motivate the base, then tell your colleagues to stop screaming “Impeach!!” at every campaign rally, or pretty much every time there is a microphone in front of them.

19 Likes
11 Likes

Too late. Boehner will be forced once Obama makes his move on immigration. Can’t wait.

4 Likes

I think “DISTRACTION” has actually supplanted “BENGHAZI” as the GOP shibboleth for 2014.

6 Likes

A Chinese finger trap to be precise.

6 Likes

“Let’s not fall into a trap when the guy absolutely wants to be impeached.”

Damn that Kenyan president of ours and his voodoo powers! Don’t let him hypnotize you, GOP!

6 Likes

Were I a Democratic candidate, I would welcome the chance to debate my opponent about “jobs, the economy and health care”.

7 Likes

The King summed up the relationship between the GOP and the base jobbers.

3 Likes

The Reagan administration used an executive order easing immigration standards for 200,000 Nicaraguan exiles fleeing communism in 1987.

Bachmann and King and Cruz legislation -
“Kick them all out” passes the house.

Obama orders executive action on immigration last week of August - similar to Reagan’s 1987 order.

Republicans heads explode with calls to sue and impeach.

Killing the GOP among swing voters.

The McClatchy-Marist College poll shows political moderates oppose the impeachment of Obama 79 percent to 15 percent.  Not only that, if the House GOP did initiate impeachment proceedings, moderates say it would turn them off so much that they would be pulled toward the Democrats. By 49-27, moderates say impeachment would make them more likely to vote Democratic than Republican in 2014.

Americans say 58 percent to 34 percent that the GOP should not sue Obama, and moderates agree 67-22. Moderates also say by a 50-25 margin that the lawsuit makes them more likely to back Democrats in 2014. 

Just in time for the 2014 Midterms.

Perfect.

6 Likes

and only impeach Obama for “high crimes and misdemeanors.”

As opposed to “pipe dreams and whooey”?

4 Likes

Yeah whatever happened to BENGHAZARI and IRSSSSS?

4 Likes

Thank you for telling us this Admiral Ackbar.

1 Like

Remember that name Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-SC)— he’ll be first in line when the Impeachment bandwagon runs thru town.

3 Likes

Rep. Akbar (R-Endor)

2 Likes

It’s a trap of the Republicans own making. That and impeachment. If the Democrats fundraise off of this, and more Democratic voters come out to vote for the midterms, the Republicans have no one but themselves are to blame.

2 Likes

Simple remedy…just shut up about it…tell your friend in Congress and Faux news about your plan to just shut up, ask that they do the same…viola’…problem solved.

3 Likes

And they fall for it every time.

2 Likes

Thank you for mentioning the whole “Democrat Party” thing. Whenever someone uses that terminology, I know that anything they say is worthless.

5 Likes

Well there is a simple solution to the problem as he sees it … stop the Republicans calling for impeachment. He’s got it right in that it will hurt the Republicans big-time in the long run … but he’s got it wrong that it’s being furthered by the Democrats. Thy just sit back, let the idiots spout their BS and then rake in the donations. I wonder which part of the Republican “outreach” this particular meme falls under?

1 Like