Discussion: House Freedom Caucus Members Cool To Paul Ryan's Initial Pitch

Discussion for article #241988

This is going just swimmingly.

19 Likes

Drowning metaphors would be welcome

7 Likes

Freedom Caucus: Dude! We set the conditions around here.

Even their name shouts the opposite of their intentions.

21 Likes

Wag that dog, tail!

26 Likes

One way to say “No” is to propose impossible conditions. That’s what Ryan has done.

And honestly, Ryan has none of skillset for this job. None. He will suck at this if he gets it and I suspect he and the Freedom People know that. That’s part of why Ryan boldly told them “No take-backsies,” and why they felt free to counter with a vigorous “Nuh-uh!”

31 Likes

These Freedom Caucus guys are such assholes. But I’m kind of loving them right now!

20 Likes

When the Freedom Caucus meets, you just know that the room reeks of Old Spice, Velveeta, Wonder Bread and polyester.

20 Likes

As I, and a few others said last night, this is how Ryan intends to save face: have the crazies kill his chances by putting the kibosh on his “preconditions”. No unity here, friends. Now he gets to walk away, shrug his shoulders and say “Well, I tried.”

I guess things just get worse from here on out

12 Likes

You missed a chance to use the phrase “redolent of”!! NEVER forego a chance to use the phrase “redolent of”!!

12 Likes

Who cares? They hate everything that has to do with government. Ignore them and move on.

I thought, maybe, the Freedum Caucus would realize that their best hope would be to find another Boehner to kick around. Just give Ryan the smile n’ nod, and go back to throwing bombs at leadership. But, no. They really are nihilists.

8 Likes

In the end, they’ll remember that the true enemy is Obama and unite like that scene in Paradise Lost:

“We may with more successful hope resolve
To wage by force or guile eternal Warr
Irreconcileable, to our grand Foe…”

Count on it, like a Nancy Grace Guarantee™.

3 Likes

You know what? I did too. I was thinking this gave them cover and they were taking it. Nope. Idiots.

2 Likes

Happy “Back to the Future Day”, Republicans!

5 Likes

No, because this mathematics-challenged lying sack of Ayn-Randian shit just isn’t radical enough for the “Freedumb Cock-Us.” They’re holding out for Satan Incarnate.

2 Likes

This sets up perfect for the Freedom Caucus. They grudgingly accept Ryan, downplaying their differences in approach to House rules and goals. He stiffs them every bit as much as Boehner did. They bellyache to the press, make the talk show rounds on radio and TV, and fund raise off the anger they stoke in the base. It’s not about getting things done really, or changing government, or society. It’s about remaining in office, getting reelected, and having more funds on hand than your opponent. Look at the most recent campaign finance disclosures by GOP Prez seekers. A week was spent with everyone getting out their dick and announcing theirs was the biggest. The press naval gazing over each candidate’s money in the bank compared to all the other guys. Follow the money. Freedom Caucus members will be happy in the final analysis if whatever takes place doesn’t hurt their personal bottom line.

8 Likes

You left out santorum lol.

I hate that I agree with the Freedom Caucus on the motion to vacate the chair…

I have to go stick something sharp in my eye now…

3 Likes

Remember what Bill & Hillary would do, Freedum Cockus. Urge Ryan to jog in Fort Marcy Park…