Discussion: House Fails To Override Trump's Veto Of His Border Wall Declaration

1 Like

NOT an EMERGENCY - send no $, everything is just fine

15 Likes

Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to court we go…

13 Likes

No President has ever played golf during a declared national emergency.

Trump has played golf at least 7 times since declaring the emergency in the middle of February. Including immediately the two days after declaring it.

21 Likes

… may not be able to spend the money for barriers quickly because of lawsuits that might take years to resolve.

Have fun with those, scumbag.

10 Likes

Rep. Tom McClintock, R-Calif., said Trump was acting against the “radical left in this House that would dissolve our borders entirely if given the chance” — a stance that no Democrat has taken.
Rep. Paul Mitchell, R-Mich., called the veto override effort “a partisan whack job” because of its certain defeat.

My goodness. I hope there was a fainting couch nearby for these poor darlings.

10 Likes

Okay, now it’s time for the 2020 Dem candidates to start talking about what they’re planning on doing with their National Emergency declarations on gun control, climate change, and health care.

(Yes the NE will probably fail in the court challenges, but it will be fun to watch Republicans sputter and spin when asked about this.)

5 Likes

And with at least two suicides of survivors from two different mass killings, I’d say that is a dire situation about guns that needs remedying.

13 Likes

The house voted 245-182 to block the bogus emergency, with only 13 republicans crossing the Aisle. Now, after the Pentagon announced it would be seizing pay and school construction funds, and funds for P.R. the house just voted 248-181 to override. Every one of the republicans (excluding the approximately 16 who voted to override) should be made to pay come 2020. They just voted to steal money from the military and military families for Trump’s bogus border wall, a wall that he promised Mexico would pay for…

15 Likes

Welcome to the running joke that is our president
Jokes on us but we ain’t laughing

3 Likes

I wonder if they’ll actually lose the military vote or if people will continue to vote against their own self interest just to “Stick it to the Libs!”?

6 Likes

Will the courts allow Trump to usurp the Constitutional requirement that Congress must approve spending? If the Courts strip Congress of this power, we should apologize to Queen Elizabeth II and seek resumption of British rule, since our revolution was all for naught.

10 Likes

Yeah, this is a bad look for him.

2 Likes

The principled and honorable House Republicans will now resign en masse either because they have violated their oath to protect and defend the Constitution or, in the words of KAC, for “peddling a lie, day after day after day, unchallenged and not under oath” that Mexico would pay for the wall.

3 Likes

could be the default beginning of any story about djt.

9 Likes

So Mexico will not be paying for “The Wall”?

:confused:

9 Likes

I hope that every single congresscritter from Texas enjoys hearing from their constituents regarding any seizure of their properties for the “emergency.”

4 Likes

McClintock is one of the eight Rs in the House from CA (as opposed to 45 Ds). He has to make bigger and better and more cliched-filled noise in order to not reduce that figure to less than eight.

2 Likes

The Wall is good enough, tall enough and doggone it people like it.

2 Likes

Sorry buddy.

But it would be interesting for an enterprising MSM journalists ( I know, leprechauns and unicorns), to start tracking just how much of the money Trump starts redirecting finds it ways into his pockets. :wink:

Because if anyone believes that Trump having control over the purse strings isn’t going to end up with him wetting his beak…A LOT…hasn’t been paying attention.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available