Discussion: House Dems Want To Know How Much Fed Money Goes To Trump's Businesses

1 Like

“The President’s financial entanglements make it impossible to know whether he is making his decisions in the public interest or to benefit to him or his family members financially."

A feature, not bug, for the Trumpinistas.

7 Likes

As much as these stories seem to all run together and become an overwhelming blur, there is immense historical value in these signed letters. Every new letter seals Trump’s fate in history.

Keep. Getting. It. Down. In. Writing.

Never forget.

9 Likes

About time. This is so obvious, I can’t believe it’s taken this long. The numbers will shock people.

4 Likes

Forget the totals. I wanna see the NDAs :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s a real head-scratcher.

8 Likes

OMG, he and his family are just raking it in. My fondest hope is that they all have to pay restitution.

3 Likes

By the way, no more vacations for you. Your peeps here need you too much!!

2 Likes

Simple answer: If you have to ask we can’t afford it!

3 Likes

How much to the penny. Also, is Trump & Co. billing 30 day net to the Feds knowing no business gets paid in 30 days so they can add late fees?

Inquiring minds want to know.

5 Likes

I’d be pissed at how much all of his 3-day golf weekends and longer vacations cost the taxpayers, even if I was the one seeing a profit from it. But, to know that a good portion of the money is going into the Trump coffers is more than adequate reason to be extremely pissed off. And if the Republicans in Congress refuse to help get the documentation and make it public, or the agency heads refuse to release it on whatever bogus grounds, then it’s even more important to help fund the watchdog group lawsuits that are seeking similar information. And once the information is obtained, investigations will likely be in order and additional items added to the growing list of possible impeachable offenses.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think that is really a hard one to figure out. I think Donald’s main concern for everything is trying to make money.

2 Likes

if I remember correctly, TRUMPf told us, during his campaign, that he was going to make money as POTUS… believe him.

2 Likes

It’s about time

1 Like

The principle reason why all those gifts by foreign leaders to whoever happens to be POTUS at the moment go to the government and not the person is the emoluments clause. If small tokens like these items often tend to be are considered enough to trigger that clause, then surely any of the amounts that Trump’s companies take in would also trigger it and should be treated likewise.

The answer is him, the same reason why he doesn’t pay taxes.