Discussion: House Democrats Eye Court Fight For Trump Tax Returns

Totally. The biggest risk Democrats have in the upcoming 2020 election is failing to motivate their own base. You’ll never convince Trump’s 1/3 cult of anything, and the narrow band of undecided think he is scum anyway… they just might decide to vote for him unless they have a reason not to. So you unload on him with both barrels.

1 Like

I’d go Genghis Khan… I’d hold both in contempt; I’d write out a warrant for both Minuchin and the IRS Commissioner and send the Sgt at Arms and the House Police to take the IRS commissioner into custody and haul him before the Committee. I would not do the same to Minuchin because he has armed secret service protection and that could get dicey. But, I’d publish the warrant and make it basically impossible for him to leave DC for NYC, CA or any place other than a Red State where he would be safe from the warrant being executed. Now, the IRS comissioner would get a writ of Habeus Corpus and the House would have to release him… but it would I think dramatically accelerate the court process and given there is a unanimous Supreme Court ruling upholding Congresses ability to detain, try and punish those who willingly defy congressional subpoenas, I would bet on some kind of favorable outcome. Most importantly, the Democratic base and persuadable independents won’t have to wonder if Dems are smart enough and ruthless enough to take on the damage caused by this feckless administration.

1 Like

Branny new and already out with the colorful metaphors …

Wouldn’t ya like for us to get to know the ’ real you ’ … first ? ? …

I call this type of Democratic waffling “Pelosi’s Pearls.” Stating that people are committing illegal actions followed by statements that you might, maybe, perhaps, sometime do something about it in the future while clutching your pearls and decrying the loss of civility. Neal is another Democrat protected from being primaried by the DCCC so he can get away with doing nothing.

1 Like

Nice to see that many people are fed up with the Dem leaders’ oh so civil and polite approach to dealing with the bullies who are constantly showing them the fingers.

Pelosi and Nadler and Neal et. al are playing this as a friendly parlor game with no real stakes. Oh they do telegraph that they have an eye towards 2020 but their soft approach apparently designed to attract voters outside the Dem base will not only fail miserably to attract those voters but will also discourage a large swath of Dem base too. Nobody likes weak leaders who cannot respond appropriately to the bullying by the Trumpians.

Overall a strategy that Trump will appreciate and approve. His base is not going anywhere, and the Dem base will erode with all this pussyfooting. What is there for him not to like?

Democrat’s, it’s backbone time, quit talking, take action. Seriously, the House needs to send the Sgt. at Arms, over cuff the insolent arrogant whelp Mnuchin and throw him in a House anteroom and “lock’em up” until the girlyman comply’s. Then start filling the room with the rest of the Trump lawful subpoena ignoring recalcitrant outlaw gang. Actually I’m sure Barr and Trump’s falsely maligned FBI or CIA personnel would be more than happy to perform the task if the Sgt, isn’t up to the human waste cleanup

A Kilauea of crime.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available