Discussion: House Democrats Eye Court Fight For Trump Tax Returns

At the same time, Trump personal attorney William Consovoy has sent threatening letters…

Mwa ha ha ha. Two can play at that game, m’bucko !”

5 Likes

These old-school Democrats that still believe there’s any bipartisanship and belief in the rule of law out there get tiring.

Hold the fucker in contempt and go to court. There’s no reason not to do both.

23 Likes

Give Neal a Break…

It’s not like he from a liberal state like Massachusetts…

…oh wait.

2 Likes

Has there ever been any doubt that Democrats would have to sue to get the returns? I didn’t think so.

13 Likes

Why not do both?

And shouldn’t the IRS head also be held in contempt?

5 Likes

Do both? More likely to do neither.

Ya know, These guys in the house from both parties get together and drink a friendly cuppa coffee in the cafeteria, maybe talk about sports; maybe a few Dems and Repubs play bridge together, go to the same church. The difference is that Democrats are convinced that affability on a social level leads to the idea that in the correct environment and appropriate time, their GOP colleagues can be won over. As an observer disinterested in their personal relationships, and judging by the past 12 years, this does not appear to be a very effective way to go forward.

12 Likes

Well if you sue and lose then holding him in contempt surely would be useless. If you hold him in contempt and sue you have more leverage. But if I consider what I have heard, that the House wants to bundle all the contempt charges, and they are waiting for all them to do so, the the house is pulling wool over my eyes. Ah well I am just part of the voting public, as long as Congress allows me to be so.

A-goddamn-Men.

I would like to add some screaming and gnashing of teeth to your comment.

1 Like

Sure, go to court. But also levy significant fines against Mnuchin and the IRS commissioner and get that jail cell in the House basement ready for occupancy.

Mnuchin may be extremely wealthy, but I doubt the IRS guy is.

3 Likes

Yup. Ever since the scorched-earth tactics to deny Obama anything, and not deliver even a single vote for any priority, no matter how much the Dems compromised their positions, you’d think we might learn after a decade that the “good old days” are just that, and they ain’t coming back anytime soon, if ever.

10 Likes

Cosovoy (tRump) is going to sue the IRS for following the law.

2 Likes

What a stupid strategy. Democrats should do two things at once: (1) take Mnunchin and the IRS commissioner to court; and (2) find them in contempt. While the appeal is pending Mnunchin and the IRS commissioner can be held in inherent contempt, arrested, fined and imprisoned. They can be offered the opportunity to be released if Trump’s tax returns are furnished and the appeal can be dismissed.

Stop bringing a wet noodle to a gun fight, Democrats.

7 Likes

Actually, there’s much less collegiality than there used to be. And that is not good.

7 Likes

It all goes to Gingrich.

3 Likes

Actually, I don’t think it’s contempt of Congress to ignore a subpoena before the House has moved to enforce it. So the first thing to do is to get the court order

2 Likes

It is possible that revelations in the coming weeks can put these thugs back on their heels.

Probable, in my view.

Mimi Rocah opined last night about the incredible amount of corruption of the Trump Administration…as though it was a mountain-sized bundle of sin.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available