Discussion: House Dem Resolution Condemns Anti-Semitism, Islamophobia After Omar Controversy

2 Likes

Now that’s done, Prime Minister Pelosi and Leader McCarthy need to have that chat.

14 Likes

it singled out Omar while ignoring other forms of hatred

I see we’re still going with that false narrative of the angry, hate-filled black woman in hijab who shouted Allahu Akbar on the floor of the House before announcing that she wanted to exterminate all Jews…

15 Likes

Glad to see that is all cleared up!

3 Likes

it isn’t.

it can easily be fixed, but there will always be a next time.

5 Likes

The Resolution is EXCELLENT!

5 Likes

The resolution itself is good. The framing of it not so much. But yes, the resolution itself is good.

12 Likes

Anything about white supremacists tucked away in there?

11 Likes

I see that AIPAC has encountered some push back from younger more progressive Democrats. The older Democrats might realize that not every criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic.

15 Likes

Yes. You might want to read it. It’s good to know what actually got written and not just rely on an interpretation.

7 Likes

OK. With this out of the way… can we go now and impeach the SOB at the WH? And throw his children in jail while we’re at it.

14 Likes

Methinks Trump would like for Omar and Pelosi to continue to have “conflicted” moments…

12 Likes

Wow, more than I expected. I can only imagine the vote tally on this, once the GOP’ers realize it aims for the main planks of their party platform mainfesto and their deplorable voter base.

17 Likes

Is everybody happy now? Democrats at least, surely. As @inversion said, someone please tell Kevin McCarthy.

5 Likes

Along with the AP…

7 Likes

“Whereas in 2017 the Federal Bureau of Investigation reported a 37 percent increase in hate crimes against Jews or Jewish institutions and found that attacks against Jews or Jewish institutions made up 58.1 percent of all religious-based hate crimes;”

I guess I’m most stunned by the fact that – given two years of Islamophobia under Trump, and almost 20 years of GOP Muslim bashing since 9/11 – there’s even more anti-Semitism than Islamophobia in America today.

Truly stunning.

21 Likes

It’s older Democrats, too. I’ve long wondered why Democratic presidents and legislators felt compelled to pay obeisance to AIPAC.

1 Like

Where did you see that? I just reread it and still don’t see anything like that.

1 Like

I’m on my way out, but I’ve privately said that agreed upon House rules is the best way to solve this ‘frieh spiech’ issue. Howevaaaaaa, we’re going to have a new episode any day now (prolly before sunset), so set your watch.

2 Likes

Could be wrong here, but, respectfully, i think Ms. Representative Omar answered your question about 10 days ago

6 Likes