Discussion: House Dem Centrists Tell Trump To Take A Hike, Won't Meet On Shutdown

“Today, the President offered both Democrats and Republicans the chance to meet for lunch at the White House. Unfortunately, no Democrats will attend.”

Maybe they don’t want hamberders.

6 Likes

Cold hamburgers and cold fries; the art of congeal.

20 Likes

“Mmm. Heat-lamp fries.”
— Anonymous Clemson player

The grand total? According to our count, Trump spent about $2,911.44 on feeding the team. A sixth of that is the fries alone, though, so take with a grain of salt. (The fries; also the estimate.) Half the cost was incurred at McDonald’s alone.

Update: Some people have noted that the McDonald’s sandwiches and nuggets would be on the 2-for-$5 menu. If so, the total drops to $2,437.11. It also explains why there are so many more McDonald’s products than Burger King. [Read-for-free source: https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/15/president-trumps-extravagant-3000-300-sandwich-celebration-of-clemson-university/]

“I’m very rich, okay?”
— Toadglans, at a Trumpette rally

Note to wannabe billionaire Comrade Cockholster for planning his next All-American Food feast: Burger King has chicken nuggets 10 for $1. Also, A&W called and said to quit using their trademarked slogan.

ETA Congratulations to Alabama Crimson Tide for successfully avoiding this horrific “honor.”

10 Likes

The first, actually. More in keeping with the original German.

1 Like

Do you mean, “Has Trump lied again?”
Answer: look to see if his lips moved; if so, then YES TRUMP LIED.

3 Likes

If Orange Julius Caesar makes it to 2020, he can make that a campaign poster with the legend “Make America Greasy Again.”

3 Likes

Take out the salads and you’ve got the perfect illustration of Toadglans’ idea of heaven.

@zillacop Instead of serving drinks he saved those as part of the dessert: Homemade Diet Coke snow cones on the South Lawn.

4 Likes

Why is everyone wearing overcoats? No heat? And, no plates even? They had to eat right out of the containers? I can’t even.

6 Likes

Quick getaway.

5 Likes

Gross. Sure couldn’t lure me to the White House with that display. That’s your basic tRump heart attack buffet. Just pick your poison.

3 Likes

It’s the most unappetizing spread of food I’ve ever seen. Fat and salt and only ketchup as a vegetable (think Ronnie R.)

8 Likes

Glad we’ve got people doing the numbers!

1 Like

Grifterdämmerung. If bilingual portmanteaus are permissible.

5 Likes

“We don’t negotiate with amoral hostage-takers.” Sen. Maisie Hirono.

8 Likes

Actually, Idioten is the German plural form of (der) Idiot

Also, I should have written Dummköpfedämmerung (twilight of the dummies) rather than the singular.

But, hey, who cares?? :laughing:

2 Likes

Just call him Slob in a Box! If someone invited him to something and it was maybe supposed to be a little special, this is what he would expect?
You’re a disgrace, Slob in a Box!

6 Likes

Truly. In point of fact, Speaker Pelosi is a moderate Democrat. The Blue Dogs are conservative Democrats, and an ass-load of them are going to be primaried in 2020.

I’m looking at you Henry Cuellar. (Among others, of course, like Tulsi Gabbard.)

7 Likes

Trump and Democrats refusing to budge, there are no signs that the shutdown will end anytime soon.

Aren’t we forgetting someone? Here’s a hint: starts with “M”, ends with “Itch McConnell”.

10 Likes

The blue dog label is is a left over from an earlier time. Moderate is a good thing as far as I’m concerned. Of course at the beginning of a session does anyone in the majority want to oppose the Speaker. The committee on office suppliers and janitorial services is looking for some members.

2 Likes

Same here.

As a German speaker, my best language is Spanish.

5 Likes