Discussion: House Asks Judge To Block Use Of Defense Funds For Trump's Border Wall

“Once made, these unconstitutional expenditures cannot be undone, and the grave institutional injury inflicted on the House cannot be remedied.”

True enough … and yet:

House lawyers sent a formal request to U.S. District Court Judge Trevor McFadden

McFadden is a member in good standing of the Federalist Society.

I’m a little curious about how he will explain his decision.

14 Likes

“In Trump we trust”

3 Likes

That’s what I was afraid of.

1 Like

The president is C-in-C. One of his primary Constitutional duties is to protect the US from all enemies, foreign and domestic *. If Congress does not appropriate sufficient money to fully fund the president’s version of National Defense then he has not only the right but the solemn duty to take whatever steps he deems necessary to correct the errant Congress.

* May also include imaginary enemies

6 Likes

Give Donnie the legal equivalent of death by a thousand lawsuits.

2 Likes

“Neener-neener-neener, we’ve got the Supreme Court, Bitches! I could write in this decision that Democrats fuck goats, and the Supreme Court will rule in favor!”

6 Likes

Kavanaugh will write a concurring opinion explaining how his real life experience with “I like beer” has informed his decision.

1 Like

Right before our eyes, in real time, an attack on the congress. I guess the defense budget had $6B extra – that appropriations can subtract next budget cycle.

A bit off topic – but shows how their minds work:
In the end, it’s Obama’s fault, and probably Hillary’s too. Read this nonsense opinon piece from a former Mitch McConnel staffer how the Muller report looks bad for Obama. To the rwnj Russian interference is Obama’s fault.

No one could have foreseen donald’s depravity, and the GOP enabling.
:rage:

4 Likes

They will crawl across broken glass just to spite Obama

4 Likes

If a judge doesn’t block this we may as well hand the keys to the treasury over to Emperor Toadglans.

2 Likes

“grave injury to the House”

Feature, not a bug. The GOP is 100% trying to make the country’s 3 branches of gov’t the Executive, the Judicial and the Senate (functionally speaking).

1 Like

Border security is foreign affairs and the President has wide ranging powers regarding foreign affairs. It doesn’t have to be correct or even make sense, but trace it to an existing Presidential power with lots of legalese.

1 Like