Discussion: Hillary Clinton's 'Daily Show' Interview Did Not Impress Howie Kurtz (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #225166

This is beyond belief. A Fox guest on O’Reilly has nothing good to say about Hillary Clinton? What’s the world coming to?

13 Likes

Howie who?

10 Likes

Rachael Maddow has to personally catch Bruno Hauptmann and rescue the Lindbergh baby to get mentioned on TPM. Lame Faux personalities? All fucking day long.

15 Likes

I didn’t see the interview but I have always been underwhelmed by Howie Kurtz.

3 Likes

Ugh, Kurtz; you might as well ask the cat.

2 Likes

The only people who care about Howie Kurtz’s opinion are those 5 people inside the beltway or are deeply into inside-baseball-journalism.

Compared to Stewart’s legions of fans…

In the end, Kurtz is wrong anyway. HC is not a declared candidate for anything yet…which Stewart did in fact hit dead-spot-on. Why shouldn’t it have been a softball interview?

5 Likes

Are Stewart and Colbert harder on conservatives than liberals? Yes of course they are. And frankly, they provide a lot more material. Stewart has no interest in presenting phony balance or false objectivity for the sake of appeasing whiny conservatives. As for Colbert, the whole point of his character is mocking conservative pundits.

However, none of this matters. Conservatives try to hold Stewart and Colbert to standards they have no intention of actually meeting themselves. When they start calling out, say, Sean Hannity’s flagrant hypocrisy when he supports something when a Republican says it but it’s the worst thing ever when a Democrat says it.

10 Likes

Because…Benghazi?

It’s because Kurtz is still smarting after Stewart roasted his sorry ass for being an unethical, mendacious, puerile hack.

6 Likes

“Famous media critic?” Howie “Mr. Conflict of Interest” Kurtz? Really?

I think I’d have gone with “corrupt, coopted douchenozzle.” But that’s just me.

6 Likes

I think those Beltway media types have gotten their heads so far up their asses they don’t even notice how early it is in the election cycle. This would be Hillary, Giuliani, McCain, Romney, and/or Obama starting their campaigns BEFORE the Democratic midterm victories in 2006, or like John Kerry and Howard Dean campaigning in the summer of 2002, before the Iraq war had even started.

3 Likes

Howie the 'Ho did the same “playing dumb” act about Colbert’s hilarious White House Correspondent Dinner address. He’s paid to be a humorless rightwing dipshit.

2 Likes

I doubt Hillary Clinton is impressed with Howie Kurtz.

10 Likes

Quite a few people are going to “eat her trail dust” before the drive ends.

1 Like

Beat me to it. Apparently he’s famous?

Discredited, dishonest and despicable would also be words that best describe Howie Kurtz.

1 Like

If she’s lost Howie Kurtz, she’s won the nation.

8 Likes

Everybody hangs on Howie’s every word.

Kurtz bemoaned that “dodge” last year, and last month he suggested that Obama’s presidency has removed both Stewart and Stephen Colbert from the “zeitgeist.”

Yeah, Howie, especially Colbert who is so far removed from the “zeitgeist” that he was hired to take over The Tonight Show. He snagged one of the most coveted gigs a comedian can imagine and will be in America’s living rooms every night for the next few decades, but yeah, he’s clearly a has-been.

4 Likes

Kurtz being famous for being a media critic, more like being famous for being a republican media hack.