Discussion: Hill GOPers Trot Out Tortured Defenses Of Trump As Pressure Builds

Yes indeed. Often when I tell a joke (after telling all but one person to leave the room because the joke might be inappropriate), it sounds hilarious. But when I later read the same joke written down verbatim, it sounds just like obstruction of justice. Go figure.

33 Likes

Keep digging, assholes. Maybe you’ll reach China by November 2018, in which case save your time and just stay there.

4 Likes

Ryan to Trump: Not to worry, Mr. President. We’re sending Louie Gohmert out to defend you… and you know how sharp Louie is. He’ll take care of the situation this right after his Flat Earth Society meeting this afternoon.

8 Likes

Are you a Trump or are you an American?
You can not be both.

3 Likes

Some lawmakers took a darker view of the news, alleging that it was part of some grand conspiracy against the Trump administration.

So far, a conspiracy to take this administration down has not seemed necessary.

25 Likes

It shouldn’t even take a strong opponent to relieve Louie Gohmert of his duties. Then again, his constituents have repeatedly demonstrated that they’re not that bright.

7 Likes

Loudermilk should talk to some actual lawyers (Loudermilk is not a lawyer - he got an A.A. from the United States Air Force Community College (?!) and a B.S. from a Baptist college) before opening his mouth. Because there are a lot of lawyers who think this is precisely what obstruction is. I’ve seen people indicted and convicted on far less.

14 Likes

Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-AL) similarly would not name who exactly he believes is working against Trump, saying only: “It’s pretty clear there are a lot of people who want to see the president distracted. They want to see him not focused on his job.” He already is not focused on his job. Do they really think we are that stupid.

Just starting thinking about America and not your party for a change. This is the WTF moment

6 Likes

I like to think that I’m a normal person. Any comparison to Trump is insulting.

11 Likes

Desperate people do (and say) desperate things.

2 Likes

It’s nice to see Louie Gohmert holding onto his title of “Stupidest Fucking Person in Congress.”

2 Likes

Wait Wait…telling jokes???/ Oh good here I have a great joke:

President Donald Trump!! Get it???

Liked that one?? Here I have another…

Republican led congress!!! Get it???

7 Likes

The argument that by itself the statement about hoping a good man could be cut some slack isn’t obstruction is probably accurate. The problem is the statement is part of a larger group of comments and actions that could easily add up to obstruction.

3 Likes

This is now a 40 clown car pileup

5 Likes

Not a fan of correcting other’s people writing, but just can’t let this one go

“ridiculous boob” is redundant with “(R-TX)”.

4 Likes

These backbenchers are in the throes of Stockholm Syndrome. Feelings of trust or affection felt in certain cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim toward a captor

2 Likes

russian patriots, every single one of them, that’s why there are R’s behind their name, to display their undying devotion to russia’s agenda for the US

2 Likes

Well, it’s not ‘tortured’ for them. All of them think their base is dumber than a field of buttercups and will believe ANYTHING. I mean, look who they voted for.

3 Likes

make it a 290 car pile up since not a one of them is doing a damn thing about the russians in the white house

1 Like

24 Likes