Discussion: High School Students Take Prom Picture With Confederate Flag, Guns

Discussion for article #236031

Kidz is dumb.

5 Likes

Such a bright future ahead of them … I see Piggly Wiggly uniforms all around …

18 Likes

The confederate flag does not border on racism. It is unquestionably a symbol of the worst hate group in American history, the Confederacy.

25 Likes

Cowboy type thing? It certainly doesn’t reflect any kind of cowboy way know about.

6 Likes

The “stars and bars” is a gateway flag.

In no time, it won’t be enough and they’ll move onto the harder stuff, like swastikas.

Just say no.

29 Likes

Really? Spend some time in the Southeast. Every Mississippi redneck thinks they’re a cowboy.

3 Likes

Yeh…
This will be the high point in most their young lives…

2 Likes

Every Mississippi redneck would be wrong.

5 Likes

Whether they want it or not.

There seem to be SO MANY kids out there who don’t quite get that things like this stay on the 'net, available to anyone who wants to do some background checking on them. Now, if they intend to stay in their home town of Parker for the remainder of their lives, then, yes this was a good choice on their parts.

However, on the off chance that any of these kids is bright enough to be able to get out of Parker, this pic may end up being the thing that puts the brakes on their ambitions/desires. When you’re 20, it may be kinda silly; when you’re 30, it’s really enough to send up red flags.

7 Likes

And of course the modern “cowboy” is entirely a Hollywood concoction.

4 Likes

Here you have it - that shining beacon of American exceptionalism. It makes me want to weep.

2 Likes

We pick on the kids; what about the “other parents” snapping pix as if everything were jes’ fine? It sounds like there was only one adult present.

10 Likes

That was brilliant. Thanks.

Its quite hilarious in Georgia too. They get into fights about who is a “real” cowboy…because you know, so many cattle drives happen in Georgia annually.

7 Likes

Nope, nope, nope…

Publish this picture with all faces exposed and print out all names, ages and addresses…

Hang this little example of “youthful indiscretion” around each of the little darling’s necks for the rest of their miserable lives…

If shame is the only thing that stops shit like this, then shame away…

6 Likes

Really?
Pink with a semi-automatic?
Couldn’t you accessorize the strap at the very least?

8 Likes

Before reading the full article, I thought maybe this was the kids’ idea and they did not recognize the scope (no pun intended) of their actions.
But to read there were parents involved and seemingly encouraged this? Strange.
Now I am not a gunz and flagz person and my prom pics were pretty traditional so I don’t get the whole need to dress to the nines just to stand next to a flag holding a gun - is this like a “thing” in Colorado?

4 Likes

I just want to know who brought the dark-skinned girl to the Klan rally.

4 Likes

Since it’s obvious they all failed history, I guess they just didn’t grasp the concept…

5 Likes