Discussion: Hey, Morning Joe: Morality Has Nothing To Do With Cuss Words

Discussion for article #234218

Isn’t it bad enough that black people get blamed for anything bad done by a black person? Do we also have to blame black people for the stupid shit done by a bunch of spoiled, racist, white kids?

10 Likes

Mika is an embarrassment.

2 Likes

“There will never be an African-American in SAE / You can hang him from a tree, but he can never sign with me.”

There you go, Mika and Joe. Discuss that.

8 Likes

The chant sung by the frat boys mentioned n…s swinging from a tree.
The Morning Joke team conveniently left that little tidbit out while discussing the influence of rap music.
Lynching was completely left out of the conversation.

5 Likes

a lot corporations profit off of it, and then people are surprised that some drunk 19-year-old kids repeat what they’ve been hearing,” Kristol agreed.

So do you Kristol, you’re entire career is nothing more than smack-talking those you disagree with and denigrating people that don’t hold the same political and racial views as yourself.

When I listened to the crap on Morning Joe I had exactly the same thought. What the SAE frat rats chanted was horribly racist even if you replaced the N word with black. It says a lot about the upbringing of Mika, Joe and Bill that none of them understood that simple truth. I didn’t expect much from Joe or Bill, but I did expect more from Mika.

Is it just me that sees a taste of Sharia law in the moralizing and condemnation of behavior? Other conservative ideas: ban yoga pants (Nooooo!!!), prevent mosques in certain neighborhoods, etc…all tactics ISIL would enact (albeit a bit more brutally).

1 Like

Stockholm syndrome.

Using Joemika logic I guess we should also blame Billie Holiday for the lynching of black men because she sang Strange Fruit.

5 Likes

This hidebound, propriety-driven morality makes it all too easy to be indifferent or even supportive of genuinely cruel behavior, all while telling yourself you’re the good guy

Evil (Morning Joe) Personality Disorder
a) consistent destructive, scapegoating behavior, which may often be quite subtle.
b) excessive, albeit usually covert, intolerance to criticism and other forms of narcissistic injury
c) pronounced concern with public image and self image of respectability, contributing to a stability of life-style but also to pretentiousness and denial of hateful feelings or vengeful motives
d) intellectual deviousness, with increased likelihood od a mild schizophreniclike disturbance of thinking at times of stress

--Scott Peck, 'People of the Lie'
1 Like

But rap songs are so violent! Ever hear the song “Hangin’ with the Homies”? That’s where these poor innocent students got the idea from. White people would never come up with such horrible notions all on their own!

1 Like

Brava, Amanda!

1 Like

How did the rap lyrics cause the fraternity to never have an African American member? That’s the discrimination, the song is the racist expression of how they operated. Mika and Joe, how about discussing how fraternities institutionalize racism in America.

3 Likes

Glad to hear this reporter call out the Scarborough scabs. Balance is highly overrated if it means having to be subjugated to this braindead bloviating. To be fair, the second that Joe finishes going off on one of these rants he should be shouted down and used as the example of why conservatism/teabagging/war mongering/hatefulness is wrong.

2 Likes

“The kids that are buying hip-hop or gangster rap, it’s a white audience, and they hear this over and over again. So do they hear this at home? Well, chances are good, no, they heard a lot of this from guys like this who are now acting shocked."

Here’s a tip, Joe: hip hop does not rap about excluding niggas. If white boys buy hip hop, then they be rappin’ about niggas as either heroic figures or just everyday put-upon joes. Not unwanted figures and pariahs, as described by the scum at OU.

This song has been floating around amid the boozy fumes of frat brats for at least a half century. Likely far longer. I heard it in North Dakota. And the frat rats were Sigma, but not SAE.

Morality is pulling down your hemline and saying “fudge” instead of “fuck.” It’s a narrow and pinched view of the world that puts rules about propriety ahead of empathy and care as the basis of a moral framework…
More than that, this propriety-based view of morality is often used as cover for actual moral transgression.

Amanda: Thank you for an awesome piece of writing! Spot on and so well-said. Brava, indeed!

2 Likes

More like “I love me all them zeroes on my paycheck” Syndrome. She’s gotten worse as the years pass. Scarborough, himself, is about as crotchety as he’s always been. And ignorant. Sad, because he’s sure had enough opportunities to grow.

1 Like

I still want a true investigation by outside sources into the dead intern in Scarboroughs Fl office.