Discussion: He’s Always Known: Trump Was Told In Jan 2017 That Putin Was Behind Attacks

“He’s Always Known: Trump Was Told In Jan 2017 That Putin Was Behind Attacks”

Trump's knowledge of Putin's actions depends on what the definition of "told" is.
10 Likes

Well, of course he’s always known. You can’t engage in a criminal conspiracy with Putin to influence, hack, and rig election results in your favor without being aware if it. The January 2017 briefing was simply Trump learning that the entire Intelligence Community knew about it too,

34 Likes

The failing New York Times prints fake news again.

Trump will tweet his response as soon as Fox and Friends tells him what to say.

11 Likes

Yeah, it’s only a matter of time before Princess Hamhocks or Kellyanne ConJob come up with the tired old "said is not heard " waffle.

I can imagine, along the line of, perhaps it was mentioned in passing or the Laura Ingraham favorite well, he’s new at the job or the Obama-blame-game Obama should have told him personally and if all else fails, there’s the classic sez who??

11 Likes

Am I right in remembering that Kavanaugh has written that lying to the American People is grounds for impeachment? I realize that this was really only meant to apply to President Clinton, but it could make for really interesting hearings.

28 Likes

This is one view, that of the NYT, a kind of best case I guess. Another - at this point more likely - view is that Trump knew before he was told, during the campaign when he and his team were “colluding.”

12 Likes

Donald. I have three words for you. Just three words.
Consciousness of guilt.

8 Likes

Rot in hell.

Die in prison.

You fucking puppet.

16 Likes

I like how you think.

2 Likes

17 Likes

It’s a spectrum of guilt at this point. This is the current minimum.

I’ll take it

As an oh by the way, Russians were arrested for treason a few weeks after pp was given this info.
If pp or one of his cabal of boneheads divulged and burned sources he’s in a deep bucket of excrement.

11 Likes

The attack on US elections is a criminal matter. Now we know that Trump definitively was told that Vladimir Putin personally authorized the attack. Given that he has tried to hide and deny the fact of Putin’s involvement for a year and a half after being given this information can he be considered an accessory after the fact in a legal sense?

9 Likes

The IC is furious with Donnie— that’s why this leak is leading the NYT this morning. The gloves are now off — crazy town is here, everyone. Popcorn and 92 proof bourbon all around.

17 Likes

It seems likely that the IC would not have leaked this highly sensitive information if those sources had not already been outed.

6 Likes

Hoarsewisperer:

“Trump opened the floodgates and forced the intelligence communities hand.

He crossed a red line this week.

He declared war on the intelligence community - and they’ve just opened fire.

Trump entirely set himself ablaze this week… and now we get to watch him burn himself down”

25 Likes

Interesting context for the insane “largest inauguration crowd ever, period” zeal to grab some unearned legitimacy for Prez Puppet.

2 Likes

He’s Always Known: Trump Was Told In Jan 2017

Putin is his money man therefore goes not give a fuck, he does what he is told. As any 4 year old he will huff and puff when told he is wrong, that is what we have been seeing this past few days. With that said, it is a positive for The Dumpster in that the Mueller investigation has dropped ‘below the fold’.

Also as David Frum notes within 9 months after this information was given Trump quite a number of senior Russian officials had suddenly died.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available