Discussion: 'He Is Embarrassed By It': New Audio Captures Aides Discussing N-Word Tape

1 Like

All the best words

8 Likes

It’s springtime for Pierson, time to don the bullet necklace

17 Likes

Pierson said Sunday on Fox News that the call never took place,

Oops.

21 Likes

Lordy, I guess there are tapes.

22 Likes

She is making this claim after the release of the tape…she’s suggesting it’s a fraud. As will they all. ETTD.

7 Likes

What is she doing back on TV?

3 Likes

I guess this is goosing ratings. It might increase sales of the book. But the economically anxious base is fine with this language. And everyone else knew it already.

13 Likes

“He is embarrassed by it.”

I’m not entirely sure about this.

“Possibly somewhat inconvenienced by it” seems more likely.

27 Likes

I think this is mostly true, but even George Wallace knew that the time you won votes by shouting “n****, n****, n****” is long past.

It’s not exactly the sort of October Surprise you’re looking for if you’re a Republican candidate in a R+7 district.

10 Likes

Katrina Pierson has arisen from the crypt? Ick, ick, ick!

7 Likes

sure he is - Trump doesn’t do embarrassed.

17 Likes

I really need this episode to be verified before I can contemplate the possibility of Trump being a racist.

16 Likes

Business Insider January 17, 2016

In an interview on Sunday with CNN, the Republican presidential frontrunner said that he does not regret never asking God for forgiveness, partially because he says he doesn’t have much to apologize for.

“I like to be good. I don’t like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don’t do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad.”

Yeah, he doesn’t do embarrassed.

10 Likes

This will follow the standard Trump Spin-Control;

1. Deny it ever happened.
  2. Well maybe it happened but I don’t remember it.
  3. Well, yes it happened in that way, but not with those people present.
  4. Well, yes, it happened in that way and with those people present, but that is not what they said.
  5. Well, yes, it happened in that way with those people present and that is what they said, but you don’t understand what they REALLY meant.
  6. Well, OK, it happened exactly like that with those people who said exactly that, but LOOK A SQUIRREL!
28 Likes

I’ve been back and forth on the ability of these tapes to actually damage this admin: from hoping they might legally imperil some of these sleazes and their sleaze-king, to thinking they’re Geraldo in Al capone’s vault, good for nothing more than boosting book sales.

This release is getting closer to actual damage: a spokes-spinner directly contradicting her public statements; but everyone in Turnip’s orbit has no credibility in the first place. Here’s hoping Omarosa has something really bad in the vault that can actually leave a mark, not just spur him to send increasingly vile and unhinged tweets (I mean, he’d be doing that if they forgot the special sauce).

10 Likes

You forgot “okay, it happened but is it really that bad”? Or, just more “locker room talk.” (The Whites Only locker room, of course).

8 Likes

Unfortunately, I think she’d have already broken something really bad (well, worse than we already know) at this point in the publicity tour. But who knows, she’s a pretty crafty self-marketer.

1 Like

I thought that was the NRA woman for a minute.

Though this is not a bad outcome in itself.

2 Likes