Discussion: HBO 'Would Prefer' Trump Not Use 'Game Of Thrones' To Tout Foreign Policy

1 Like

Uh-oh. If my HBO isn’t working tonight, I’ll know why.

16 Likes

Oh you poor summer child… you have no idea what’s coming

5 Likes

Annnnddd… Just like that, now they’ve politicized GoT.

Gotta suck for Republicans. Now Fox News will force them all to boycott Season 8… Just when it’s all wrapping up.

8 Likes

Not many American citizens in the cast, but I sure hope they cut loose on Spankee.

I must admit there are parallels between the Lannisters and trumps.

5 Likes

Most of us view “Game of Thrones” as entertainment Fantasy.

Trump sees it as an instruction manual.

We all know what character he is in GOT:

Little Finger.

7 Likes

That didn’t take long.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

“We were not aware of this messaging and would prefer our trademark not be misappropriated for political purposes,” an HBO spokesperson said."

:musical_note: what a friend we have in the Lanham, what a friend we have in that act :musical_note:

Side-note: seeing how this isn’t the first time that ‘45’ has engaged in trademark infringement, has anyone checked in on Vince McMahon?

1 Like

You know nothing, Don Trump…

5 Likes

Oh, please. Lord Baelish was very cunning and smart.

3 Likes

You give Trump far too much credit…

However, if you are willing to associate Arya with Kamala Harris, I could be convinced…

3 Likes

No, Baelish was evil and calculating, but he was intelligent. Trump is Prince Joffrey. This Wikipedia entry sums up Joffrey and Trump better than I can.

Joffrey is an amoral sadist who disguises his cruelty with a thin veneer of charm… and enforces cruel punishments for lesser crimes. He has no sense of personal responsibility, blaming failures on others. He lacks self-control and often insults his allies and family members. Joffrey is one of the story’s few characters to display no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

13 Likes

I think McConnell is more like Baelish

3 Likes

Since we are at it…

Cersei == Kelly Anne Conway…

Qyburn == Stephen Miller

2 Likes

I don’t even know if this is true but I LOVE it.

2 Likes

On a purely anecdotal basis, the GOP base is more of “Walking Dead” kind of bunch…

6 Likes

Qyburn is too old. Ramsey Bolton == Stephen Miller

4 Likes

I feel so sorry for the poor actor, because Joffrey was REPELLENT. Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) said the actor was SO SWEET always trying to be gentle before or after his horror-scenes. I gather he no longer acts, he was a One-and-Done.

4 Likes

Absolutely! Littlefinger was brilliant. He just greatly underestimated the bond between Arya and Sansa. Trump, on the other hand, is as stupid, angry, violent, vindictive, evil, and small as Joffrey was and every bit of the masochistic, piece of shit too.

3 Likes