Discussion: Hayden: Carson Still Working On Lack Of Understanding Of Foreign Policy

Discussion for article #242799

So just like the Cheney-Bush administration, how many wars would Carson exaggerate us into?

10 Likes

Oh, FFS, no OJT please. Let’s not put an idiot savant in the WH.

6 Likes

The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed.

2 Likes
"A well-meaning, serious, bright man..."

You can tell this guy worked for the CIA. He can get out a line of bullshit which is so obviously preposterous without busting out laughing or even so much as cracking a smile. He’s one cold fish sociopath, to the bone.

17 Likes

this is a database with which he’s very unfamiliar."

The Special Ed campaign…

Meanwhile, an interesting article on those more widespread than previously reported pyramid "voids’ (including a thermal scan of a possible void area)>

1 Like

Hayden wants Jeb! in the White House, then he’d get another job.

And by job, I mean he’d have some power again.

2 Likes

Hayden here manifests the soft bigotry of low expectations.

10 Likes
A well-meaning, serious, bright man trying to understand things which his life experience really hasn't given him understanding about in the past," Hayden said.

Carson is struggling with a lot of things that his life experience hasn’t given him experience of in the past. Like talking and keeping his eyes open at the same time.

12 Likes

Carson: “Nonsense, I have a friend who encountered a General Tso in a restaurant, clearly China has a military presence there”…

10 Likes

I can imagine Hayden’s response to Mike Huckabee when he said that Saddam’s WMDs were in Jordan:

“He’s in the right area”.

The great reporter, James Bamford, in Foreign Policy has given us a clue on who is advising Carson foreign policy, Robert Dees. a former general who wants to use the U.S. military to convert other nations to Christianity. Scary stuff.

6 Likes

“What you see publicly is what you get personally: A well-meaning, serious, bright man trying to understand things which his life experience really hasn’t given him understanding about in the past,” Hayden said.

My furnace quit working the other night. I called a lady I knew to come fix it. She sincerely tried to wrap her head around the unit's failure. She's a daycare administrator. She's well-meaning, serious, bright, but her life experience really hasn't given her an understanding of HVAC. Employing my ability to put myself in the shoes of the average American, I figured she'd be perfect for the job.
8 Likes

For crying out loud Hayden is such a scumbag. Carson’s “instincts are all right,” according to this so-called expert. Why is he trying to cover for Sleepy Ben’s massive and shocking ignorance? Because Hayden is a Republican hack first, and a policy expert second.

I watched this abortion of an interview this morning before leaving for work. The worst part was that Mika introduced Hayden as “very, very respected,” or something to that effect. Why does she feel the need to bend over backwards to legitimize this hack before hearing what he’s going to say?

5 Likes

Doc, it could just be a case of mistaken identity. You should ask your source,

Those “Chinese” dudes in Syria, were any seen ordering a big dish of beef chow mein? And was all their hair perfect? Did their suits appear to be well tailored? Did they appear to be flicking chunks of stressed human flesh from off the material, particularly pieces of ripped lung and mutilated little old lady bits? And could they have been accurately described as ‘hairy-handed gents’?

2 Likes

If a DEM candidate was spouting the same tripe, Hayden would be partisan and apoplectic. A REP candidate needs to be blandly coddled and marginally complimented because of Hayden’s ambition and business interests. No objectivity here.

1 Like

Can I call General Hayden to discuss foreign policy or do I have to be a half-assed GOP candidate for Prez?

2 Likes

Gen. Michael Hayden, former director of the CIA and National Security Agency, on Friday morning said that Dr. Ben Carson has made a serious effort to wrap his head around foreign policy issues since the retired neurosurgeon didn’t have an “understanding” of the issues in the past.

I am not sure that paragraph makes much sense, did a ‘not’ fall out somewhere ? like

Gen. Michael Hayden, former director of the CIA and National Security Agency, on Friday morning said that Dr. Ben Carson has NOT made a serious effort to wrap his head around foreign policy issues since the retired neurosurgeon didn’t have an “understanding” of the issues in the past.

Edited for punctuation…

No, the statement is correct. Carson has made a serious effort to wrap his head around foreign policy issues, presumably because someone must have told him that the President’s job has something to do with foreign policy.

Hayden just leaves out the part where Carson is failing miserably at it.

5 Likes

Perhaps that’s why Delta Airlines turned down my application to fly jumbo jets for them.

1 Like