Discussion: Haley: US Withdraws From UN Human Rights Council 'Not Worthy Of Its Name'

1 Like

Still, she suggested the decision need not be permanent, adding that if the council did adopt reforms, “we would be happy to rejoin it.” She said the withdrawal notwithstanding, the U.S. would continue to defend human rights at the United Nations.

Why she wasn’t struck down dead right there is a puzzlement.

20 Likes

That is now the USA Haley - human rights abusers Trump, Sessions, Nielsen
Yes the USA is too ashamed to be part of the Human Rights Council.

13 Likes

Haley is under the delusion that the rest of the world still looks to us for some kind of moral leadership. That ship sailed with the election of an unapologetic racist.

27 Likes

Typical move for the short time future.
Wouldn’t want to answer for the human rights questions coming up in the good ole USA recently.
Something along the lines of caging up children for their own protection etc.

8 Likes

Pompeo: “The Human Rights Council is a poor defender of human rights.”

Irony isn’t just dead, it’s been ripped from its mother’s breast, starved, and left to desiccate in a tent city.

31 Likes

Has she been keeping track of the Trump concentration camp controversy? Haley has effectively tied herself to a human rights problem that the Hague is likely to bring charges against by being so coy and cute at a very critical time. The UN Human Rights Council is “Not worthy?”

Nice way to sideline your diplomatic career and end your presidential aspirations all in one stroke, as you totally lose all credibility on the world stage. No Republicans can do anything right.

10 Likes

We are living in an antiworld.

6 Likes

Jesus intends to make her squirm on Judgment Day before handing her over to Satan?

3 Likes

Well, at least Sheldon Adelson is happy.

8 Likes

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON’T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Groucho Marx

14 Likes

I wish. You know, I was really happily surprised when she approved the removal of the confederate flag after the murders in Charleston. She was measured and determined.

But this statement? The United States has no right to be on the UN Council when it’s allowing this abominable, tragic abuse in this country.

WTTD.

2 Likes

Shorter Trump Administration: Torturing people is our birthright.

2 Likes

Can you name another time when the U.S. was ashamed of its human rights record?

Hint:

The United States has opted to stay out of the Human Rights Council
before: The George W. Bush administration opted against seeking
membership when the council was created in 2006.

8 Likes

God Almighty, the grotesque hypocrisy of it all!

4 Likes

Alternate headline: “US refuses to be part of an organization that would have the US as a member.”

4 Likes

This is happening on so many fronts that it is very difficult to keep the whole thing in focus. But it is looking more like this nation is moving into full nationalistic form. It sure is not at all like the country I grew up and served in Vietnam for. We are morphing into a land of hate total disinterest in the world. It think it also reflects what the President actual is.

11 Likes

Haley, Trump’s envoy to the U.N., said the U.S. had given the human
rights body “opportunity after opportunity” to make changes. She
lambasted the council for “its chronic bias against Israel” and lamented
the fact that its membership includes accused human rights abusers such
as China, Cuba, Venezuela and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Nikki, as long as your boss holds innocent children in wire mesh cages, as long as children are forcibly separated from their parents, as long as parents are deported with no idea where their children are … you have no right to ever criticize anyone about anything EVER

22 Likes

“We take this step because our commitment does not allow us to remain a
part of a hypocritical and self-serving organization that makes a
mockery of human rights,” Haley said.

…speaking about the republican party. President Mugabe thanks you for making him look good.

2 Likes

So here we have once again the Zionist whore insuring the isolation of the USA and its pariah status among civilized humans. Not surprising. After all, she’s from the most racist state and city in the USA: Charleston, SC, and a fully fledged racist in her own right. The good news: allows the USA to continue atrocities against all life on earth with reckless abandon. Nothing changes really except the status of the USA declining from a 1st to a 3rd world “nation”.

1 Like