Discussion: Hail Mary ACA Repeal Is Killing The Senate's Bipartisan Stabilization Work

1 Like

So Alexander is a ‘no’ vote on the latest repeal?

I’m guessing not.

5 Likes

“We think of killing the ACA as more of a jobs program.”
— Every Rethugliklan ever

5 Likes

Bipartisan, you can’t believe a word the Republicans say. They took an oath, a pledge to put their party before their country. They’re just like their president liars. Is going to hell in a hand cart and it’s the Republicans and Trump that’s pushing her over the cliff. Completely un-American unpatriotic treasonous very disgusting!c

1 Like

You know how if a dog bites somebody and gets a taste for blood the best advice is to put that dog down, lest they bite again, and again and again? It’s time to put the Republican’t dogs down electorally once and for all.

As for “bipartisan”, what Democrats refuse to learn, like Charlie Brown and the football, is that the word means one thing to Democrats and another thing to Republican’ts. To Democrats it means, “working together with the other Party to come to an agreement on a shared goal.” To Republican’ts it means, “Democrats cave to our way or they hit the highway.”

5 Likes

It’s kind of amazing how much McConnell is pissing all over committee chairmen.

4 Likes

I don’t think we need to guess. During the voterama, he voted for Repeal and Replace, and Skinny Repeal. His call for bipartisanship is every bit as hollow as McCain’s appeal for regular order.

1 Like

That’s how McConnell marks his territory. It’s a management technique he learned from Trump.

1 Like

According to the real world folks on the right that I know, apparently the anger, yelling, and fighting everywhere since liberals lost the election (clearly liberal’s fault) is the source of our country’s great divide and the inability to pass legislation.

The level of hypocrisy is appalling.

The inability to recognize and take responsibility for the shitty behavior by the GOP over 8 years is criminally ludicrous.

4 Likes

More like 58 years, actually.

1 Like

I would assume that this is at least part of the goal. Yes, they’d love to pass Graham-Cassidy, but that’s a challenge. Undermining ACA by interfering with attempts to stabilize it is more or less a given, now.

1 Like

No need to guess: the story quotes him as saying he’ll support it. His justification is that his bill would cover the period before much of G-C kicks in… How much is genuine ideology (he praises block grants) blinding him to the harm he seems genuinely to want to spare people, and how much is the Koch money being withheld pending repeal, who knows; I can’t make sense of it.

Alexander’s statement might make more sense if we weren’t looking at a 2 week deadline, at which time work on stabilization becomes either a moot point or the only game in town.

Amen! If anything shows us how cowardly the average Republican senator is, it’s the fact that they’re letting McConnell rule the senate as his own personal fiefdom. It’s hard to believe.

2 Likes

The bi-polar GOP Senate doesn’t do bipartisan…

1 Like

Oh my friggen god!!! What is wrong with these ass clowns??!! Again, actions by the retards in Congress have us all shaking our heads wondering what the hell is wrong with these idiots?? These two are trying to do the RIGHT FRIGGEN thing for a change and these other ass holes are trying to stop it, I don’t get it. No wonder the public hates the Gov and especially Congress. Trump and his band of crooks and clueless morons have to go. We can only hope that the three Senators that killed the last one stand up again. Time for the public to put the pressure on again.