Discussion: Grassley: 'We Are Working Diligently To Get To The Bottom Of These Claims'

1 Like

Chuck Grassley (R-IA) said Monday that he was “working diligently"

Always the comedian.

26 Likes

Good for you, Chuckles. Love to see that diligent work getting done. Say, you working on the lying under oath and the gambling debt and all that too? The backchannel discussions with this person at Kasowitz’s firm? You know how it goes, you want something done, ask a busy person, right? Awesome, we’ll look forward to what you come up with.

28 Likes

The only thing Grassley is working diligently on is the cover-up and spin.

He, along with Yertle, has zero interest in actually getting to the bottom of this.

18 Likes

Gosh, must be tough to make decisions with incomplete information on an unexpectedly short time frame.
Maybe he should ask every Dem what that’s like …

19 Likes

Not sure what Grassley’s problem is. Even if "committee Republicans ‘have only known this person’s identity from news reports for less than 24 hours and known about her allegations for less than a week’.” look how little time it took for him to round up 65 character witnesses with flawless memories of Kavanaugh’s impeccable character. He should be able to resolve this in time for a Thursday committee vote.

24 Likes

Grassley said Ford “deserves to be heard,” but grumbled that committee Republicans “have only known this person’s identity from news reports for less than 24 hours and known about her allegations for less than a week.”

Says the lying, prune faced scumbag who has withheld over 100,000 pages of documents covering Kavanaugh’s service at W’s Whitehouse, and dumped 45,000 documents on the Democrats in his committee right before the hearings started.

He is diligently working, compiling letters from “Bart O’Kavanaugh’s” every female in his nursery school class, from Summer Camp, from his touch football intramural teams in high school and college, from Ken Starr’s 17 Angry Republican Cult, about how this attack would be inconceivable.

17 Likes

Has Grassley read Josh’s “Let’s Discuss This” Editor’s Blog ?

7 Likes

Somebody needs to cut the grass —

8 Likes

I mean, how do you expect us to completely run this all to ground prior to Thursday’s vote? Obviously, the only option is to give this a cursory glance and then proceed as scheduled. I’m a busy man, and have busy Senator things to busily do.

14 Likes

Wow. Displaying such sympathy…for himself.

Way to cloak yourself in honor, Chuck.

7 Likes

Grassley:

Ford “deserves to be heard,” but grumbled that committee Republicans “have only known this person’s identity from news reports for less than 24 hours and known about her allegations for less than a week.”

This barely gave us enough time to get that list of 65 names together

12 Likes

At first glance I thought somebody was holding a gun to Grassley’s head in that picture. LOL.

7 Likes

That part is good for a laugh.

Grassley does have a gift for grumpy grumbling. I’ll give him that.

8 Likes

…and I’ll schedule Ms. Ford to come in for an interview right after we confirm Kavanaugh…I promise

4 Likes

Maybe it’s opera glasses.

3 Likes

Judd Legum
‏Verified account @JuddLegum

1. This seems consistent with the picture he painted of himself in high school (Treasurer of the Keg City Club – 100 kegs or bust) and that of his friend Mark Judge, who wrote a whole book about how he got blackout drunk in high school
    9:00 AM - 17 Sep 2018
9 Likes

To make sure Christine Ford gets the Anita Hill treatment.

12 Likes

I know it is wrong of me, but I hope Chuck Grassley’s last weeks or months are overseen by one of what he falsely called “death panels” not very long ago.

4 Likes

She was heard, she made a statement about it already and was interviewed by an FBI agent, what she doesn’t deserve is to be dragged before the Judiciary committee so that Grassley, Graham and other men who for 2.5 years have defended a President with a long history of viciousness towards women can verbally harass her just as Kavanaugh physically abused her.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available