Discussion: GRAPHIC VIDEO: Plainclothes NYPD Cop Berates, Humiliates Uber Driver

Discussion for article #234877

“Well, sir. I am from the planet important enough to get your ass hauled in front of a review board. It’s just inside the orbit of 112th Street. You know. The one that doesn’t need handcuffs?”

6 Likes

27 Likes

“I got news for you! And use this lesson! Remember this in the future! Don’t ever do that again!”

I’ve got news for you, and remember this in the future: Everyone carries phones. And phones have cameras and video recording capabilities, you moron.

One can only imagine how he speaks to his wife.

12 Likes

I think it’s terrible how these iphones are so anti-law enforcement. They are also dangerous because they look so much like guns. What can cops do, besides confiscate them whenever someone pulls one out? Police don’t want to confiscate your phone as evidence, but you keep forcing them to.

4 Likes

this is the police state the republicans and the 1%ers are implementing across the country and Americans are too cowardly to say “stop that!”

5 Likes

I had an interaction with a cop who was this out of control. Mine was with a state policeman after my car hit a big streak of shaded ice on an on-ramp and did a 90 degree spin that left it pointed the wrong way with no way to get the traction necessary to get it turned back around. The guy did help me solve the problem, but only while pouring out a completely uncalled for and unprovoked torrent of abuse and invective.

This was, of course, back before cell phones so complaining would have gotten me nothing but a pulled over a lot more often. But, fortunately, being white, I lived to tell the tale.

And that’s the thing. I won’t say most people (or most white people) have had an interaction with a cop who was just completely out of control for no good reason, but damn it sure seems like it’s happened to an awful lot of people I know.

7 Likes

Typical NYC cop superiority attitude on full display for all to see. This is what an out of control ego looks like. "I’m a cop. I can arrest yer ass just cuz I’m a cop. You don’t hafta do anything, even agreeing with me will git yer ass in handcuffs…punk!!

3 Likes

I have had a pretty good record with cops. But then again, it could have been luck. When I was younger, my Latino looks were not as vilified as now (cantaloupe calves and all). Now that I am older, they may have an old Italian or Greek on their hands, for all they know.

2 Likes

Mr Officer has so many important things to do that he took the time to stop to berate a driver over and over again.
Gosh, good thing his time was so precious else I’m sure he’d have given the insignificant, time wasting driver the what-for!

Glad the driver’s passenger recorded it and that the driver followed up and reported the incident. No telling what other type of behavior the unidentified officer has engaged in - if, in fact, he is a real cop and not one pretending in order to terrify people.

3 Likes

People will laugh, and buy each other drinks when that cop bleeds out on the street.

I wouldn’t be remotely surprised if that asshole turned out not to be a cop at all, but some private security “consultant” who’s never worn a badge in his life.

3 Likes

It seems more and more, this sort of idiocy from the cops is the rule, not the exception. It’s like they don’t give a damn that they’re being recorded, they know their corrupt precincts and unions will insure they only get a paid vacation for abuse and even murder.

5 Likes

This is my guess. If he was a real cop, he would have just written a ticket.

3 Likes

To the people spreading disinformation about whether or not this guy is a real cop: Yes, he is. Near the end of the video you can clearly see his unmarked car with the red/blue flashers. Only real police cars can use them. Other types of emergency vehicles must use other color combinations.

Also, the article quotes a police commander about looking into the matter, etc. If this guy had been a phony, you can bet those would have been the first words out of his mouth!

4 Likes

Ahhh, good points. Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

After a thorough review the NYPD Internal Affairs division has decided to award a “Perfect Citizen” Award to the officer in question. Anyone who disagrees with us HATES COPS and SIDES WITH THE TERRORISTS and BTW: “We know were you live.”

7 Likes

His wife? More likely he still lives with his mother.

2 Likes

Love those shoes, by the way, Mr. Cameraguy.

“I think it’s terrible how these IPhones are so anti-police” I think it’s terrible how so many imbeciles are allowed to carry guns and are entrusted to enforce the law.

You must be a cop. Many portable electronic devices look like guns but officers are supposed to be trained to make the distinction. You are finally being exposed for the abuse-of-authority carried out over many decades. I think police should be held civiclly, financially and criminally responsible for the abuse.

1 Like