Discussion: Graham Knocks Cruz On Guns And Tyranny: 'We Tried That Once... I'm Not Looking For An Insurrection'

Discussion for article #235380

27 words…that’s what the Second Amendment is. It makes no mention of any of the things Cruz or Graham talk about. It says you m ay have arms in order to form a “well regulated” militia ( National Guard ) and nothing more.

22 Likes

Ted Cruz is one of the few people who can make Graham appear to be the voice of reason.

37 Likes

I wonder how many people think of Cruz as a would-be tyrant.

21 Likes

Count me in. When I look at him, I see Joe McCarthy. Only smarter, which makes him even scarier.

21 Likes

Graham Crackers speaking to near by reporters as usual but making some sense for a change.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t go quite that far, but it’s certainly a measure of just how much Carnival Cruz is disliked, even among his fellow RWNJ Senators. If Graham liked Cruz, he’d have deflected that question, instead of saying, in effect, that Cruz is an idiot.

12 Likes

But when it’s led by a Canadian, is it insurrection or invasion?

25 Likes

And long, long before that time comes, Sen Graham; whom do you think will control that information?

1 Like

Graham is gonna chatch serious RWNJ shit for that statement. I made the exact same argument…

“I think an informed electorate is probably a better check than, you know, guns in the streets.”

…with with a gun nut, and he would have no part of it. Absolutely thought I was wrong. We’ll see how the NRA treats Graham’s statement… three… two… one…

11 Likes

Here’s what I dont get…how does Cruz, Walker, Krisco, Bush, et al plan on wooing middle of the road voters when they are so far to the right that they make Reagan look like a tree huggin liberal. America doesn’t elect whack jobs. For all his faults G W Bush was not a mean hateful whack job, in fact had he a better VP than Darth Cheney the Bush legacy might not have been so badly tarnished.

15 Likes

All of them Katie.

4 Likes

creepy, creepy Cruz … do you wonder where he is going with this? Ponder for a moment - with the position he has staked out - even if nominated, he will NEVER get more than 40% of the popular vote - so how could you rule the country? well, through the use of some convoluted & distorted “legitimization” of coercive force by an armed minority.

4 Likes

Exactly I’ve always wondered what exactly the gun nuts think is meant by “militia” since obviously the government would be the one commanding it.

3 Likes

Oh but your nutball base is.

3 Likes

One man, Adolph Hilter was responsible for the deaths of millions and a world war…thats how one person can change world events…not gonna happen in America.

1 Like

Well at last nights meeting we were saying we had Florida in Arizona well in hand … Oh i’ve said too much.

4 Likes

And with that, Butters is toast in the GOP primary.
(but i suppose we already knew that)

1 Like

“and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny”

Funny, George Washington kinda nipped that in the bud (in theory) when he put down the Whiskey Rebellion. And it was further underscored circa 1860.

Of there is the little thing called of the Constitution which debunks Cruz’s lunatic fringe interpretation of the 2nd Amendment somehow gives legality to violating Article III, Section 3 …which is where doing this is the only explicitly spelled out crime in the Constitution… you know… where taking up arms = treason.

11 Likes

But Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution has a few choose words to say about doing what Cruz suggests.

Wry grin.

2 Likes