Discussion: Graham Calls On WH To Negotiate On DACA Deal: This 'Turned Into An S-Show'

Knowing Graham he’ll champion this and then vote against it.

27 Likes

Graham said that earlier in the week, Trump understood that he had to approach the DACA deal with “compassion.”

“Now, I don’t know where that guy went. I want him back,” Graham said.

Later, the senator noted that Trump was likely watching his televised remarks and asked Trump to call him.

six days ago

13 Likes

“Something happened between 10 o’clock and 12 o’clock.” Gee maybe something starting with C and ending with -OCAINE?

11 Likes

Graham would be better off addressing Fox and Friends because Trump is probably on Executive Time.

Only possible way this gets done is if they send Miller and Kelly on a long vacation, and even then it’s unlikely.

16 Likes

Shitshow in the shithouse?

Language people!

15 Likes

I think that something was John Kelly. So, Graham wants T to fire his COS? Who on earth would he think would replace him?

8 Likes

Conducting crucial discussions at the highest levels of the U.S. government:

14 Likes

I think somebody on his staff gave him really bad advice between 10 o’clock and 12 o’clock on Thursday.

It really is true, isn’t it? Whoever complemented him last has the final say on US executive policy. Not spooky at all.

19 Likes

After he left the hearing, Graham told reporters in the Capitol that Trump was not “well-served by his staff,” though he would not identify a specific administration aide.

Christie, who was removed as transition director and frozen out of a role in the White House, also said Trump was not well served by his staff in the way an executive order limiting travel from seven Muslim-majority countries was handled.

also from North NJ

“I know the president’s heart on this,” Christie said. "The president has absolutely no, no hate in his heart for Muslim Americans. In fact, the exact opposite. This is a president who has great affection for all Americans who are here working hard, raising their families and contributing to the fabric of our society, including Muslim Americans."

“This isn’t about assigning blame, this is about making sure it’s done the right way,” Christie said. “And so in the end, i believe the president deserves better.”

Pressed, Christie cited three of Trump’s closest advisers – Reince Priebus, Jared Kushner and Steve Bannon – but said he did not know who deserved the blame.

this timeline

8 Likes

Miller?

7 Likes

When it comes to nut-cutting time will Graham support giving Trump the heave ho? Open question.

3 Likes

What’s to negotiate?

You have a bi-partisan deal in hand, pass it and send it to him.

16 Likes

“Graham lamented that the debate over the issue had devolved into an ‘s-show.’”

Wow - rim shot for Lindsey!

“Graham said that earlier in the week, Trump understood that he had to approach the DACA deal with ‘compassion.’
‘Now, I don’t know where that guy went. I want him back,’ Graham said.”

Yeah, I’m afraid I’ll have to take that rim shot back.

6 Likes

I thought the consensus answer was Stephan Miller but Kelly playing a key roll would not be surprising.

8 Likes

First of all it didn’t turn into a shtshow, it turned into a shtstorm, but why the surprise everything Trump touches turns into one and everyone who tries to cover for him get covered in sh*t.

6 Likes

Here’s what Democrats should say, and preferably in front of the cameras: “We do not want to shut the government down and we want to solve the DACA issue for dreamers. But we will only come back to negotiate when the President* stops acting like a shithead. Now, as for what I just said, since the President*'s defenders refuse to say that his language in the WH meeting was vulgar, or even to repeat what he said, I expect them to show me the same courtesy. And if they don’t say anything other than that I used “strong language” about this issue, they will show their utter hypocrisy.”

10 Likes

geeze Lindsey …

Everybody knows that you always wait to lance a boil …

until it’s ’ ripe ’ —

7 Likes

“This has turned into an s-show and we need to get back to being a great country, where Democrats and Republicans will work together to do something that we should have done years ago,” Graham said.

Shit-House, Shit-House. Don’t you get the memos?

12 Likes

Watching Graham waffling around Trump is a shit show. Frankly I am not buying it. He is as.much the problem as Trump.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available