Discussion: GOPers Try To Inject Congressional Baseball Shooting Into Georgia Race

Now that’s despicable!

7 Likes

Republicans are fucking disgusting.

14 Likes

I’m not always a huge Greg Palast fan, but he’s convinced this race has already been stolen. This ad, though, could easily backfire.

5 Likes

So much for the GOP cooling off the hateful rhetoric.

Priceless…

9 Likes

“A man is fighting for his life in the hospital right now and it’s shameful to politicize it,” Ossoff said in a statement.

You’re not going to shame a party without any sense of shame at all. Using tragedy or dead Americans for political purposes is what they do. You should run your own ad shaming them for politicizing the tragedy and run it all day today and tomorrow.

18 Likes

I love the smell of desperation in the morning, although I can’t put a Handel on where it could possibly be coming from…

14 Likes

I’m sure the hype in that race is unbearable.

My guess is that this ad will offend enough people to actually help Ossoff. Commercial like that almost always backfire.

7 Likes

This reeks of desperation. It’s a high risk move, that no campaign does if it feels confident about tomorrow.

10 Likes

Will Kathy Griffin receive royalties for appearing in that ad?

2 Likes

It is kitchen sink time. It is also, for Democrats, ground game time. Air war vs. ground war is always the story at the end of any race like this.

4 Likes

For what it’s worth, from RCP.

Saturday, June 17
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
Georgia 6th District Run-Off - Handel vs. Ossoff WSB-TV/Landmark Ossoff 50, Handel 48 Ossoff +2
Georgia 6th District Run-Off - Handel vs. Ossoff FOX 5 Atlanta/Opinion Savvy Ossoff 50, Handel 49 Ossoff +1

10 Likes

"We’re seeing absolute resistance to everything this president does. Moderates and independents out there want to give him a chance. Democrats have never given this president a chance.”

Can somebody please hand Brad Carver a towel so that he can dry away his crocodile tears? This shit about not giving the President a chance coming from Republicans. I think my head is going to explode from the weight of the irony.

20 Likes

Moderates and Independents have barely supported Tang faced Jesus or have soured on him. I would think they would move toward Ossoff.

2 Likes

The GOP has no shame, no conscience and no desire to help Americans- they only want to help the wealthy get wealthier.

8 Likes

Even by GOP standards this is disgusting.

4 Likes

12 Likes

Villainess Nancy Pelosi is in this ad, of course, but here’s what (my) congresscritter says about prospects for the midterms. The accepted wisdom is that in midterms the party in power loses some seats, and when the president is as unpopular as orange is they lose even more than expected.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/nation/article/Pelosi-sees-forces-aligning-to-retake-House-in-11228999.php

Democrats need a net gain of 24 seats next year to retake the House, and typically, when the president’s approval rating is below 50 percent, “the average seat gain for opposing party is 36 seats,” said Emory University political scientist Alan Abramowitz.

Trump’s popularity is a shade lower than Bush’s in the 2006 midterms, during the depths of the Iraq War. And it is substantially lower than Obama’s in the 2010 midterms. Both Bush and Obama were below 50 percent approval at the time, but Trump’s current 38 percent is a record low for a president just six months into his term.

"[orange] happens to be one of the great unifiers and one of the great organizers for the Democrats.”

7 Likes

Boycott every advertiser on every station that runs this ad. And let the station know that so they’ll never accept this kind of garbage again.

2 Likes