Discussion: GOPers Cringe as McDaniel Rages About Black Dems Voting for Cochran

Discussion for article #224378

Well, it is the stupid party, to quote Gov. Jindal. That said, those who are saying the right things here also full well know that outside of the peculiarities of the this specific race, nothing in their policy agenda is designed to win anyone outside of white and/or rich Americans.

This was sensible, defensive voting on the part of a local African American community that had no desire to see a Neo-Confederate in office.

And who were smart enough to realize, unlike some dreamy pundits, that there’s no way in hades that a Democrat was going to win the general (now, if McDaniel goes third party, that’s a different, and possibly intriguing story…)

8 Likes

Chris McDaniel is just the new David Duke, it’s pretty obvious and voting against him would make sense to any aware minority voter - African American, Asian, Hispanic. This KKK John Bircher needs to be run out of town on a rail and thanks to the good voters of Mississippi, he just might go away (one can hope).

Got no love for any goper, this is a case where I definitely would have voted against McDaniel if I could have.

They look stupid because they are stupid.

1 Like

What I want to know is: what will African Americans and Democrats in Missippippi now demand for their support of Sen. Cochran and the state’s “establishment” Republicans?

Will there be a push for statewide Medicaid expansion?
Will there be a push to restore the portions of the Voting Rights Act that were gutted by the Supreme Court?

Has anyone heard anything that might come of this unusual coalition?

1 Like

“Blacks are only worth 3/5 of a vote. Do the math. I won!”

–Chris McDaniel

1 Like

“The more the tea party complains about how black voters vote for Republicans, I think they look racist and stupid,” said John Feehery, a GOP consultant in Washington. Gee, ya think?