Discussion: GOPer Who Opposed Giffords Ad Now Backs Gun Restrictions On Stalkers

Discussion for article #228013

Translation: “Martha supports adding misdemeanor stalking to the list of criminal offenses that would keep dangerous individuals from obtaining guns so long as she running against a Democratic incumbent in a swing district. She’ll reverse her position once again once she’s elected because she doesn’t want to be ostracized from her fellow gun-lobby-dependent Tea Partiers.”

13 Likes

Wow what stupidity. Gun regulation for stalkers? Any other micro-populations you want to add to the list, maybe like ‘old white guys.’?

McSally is using that ad to whine about her opponent Ron Barber. She blames HIM for the ad. Yet: …

“Americans for Responsible Solutions, a pro-gun control group started by former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-AZ) and her husband, released an ad accusing McSally of opposing gun limits for convicted stalkers.”

…according to the quote she should be angry at Gabby Giffords and around here in Tucson where I live THAT won’t fly. Gabby is very popular and well respected. McSally knows this all too well. McSally’s response to the ad comes off like a whine, not the response of a strong leader. I think it backfires. And I gotta say I’m REAL tired of seeing it.

3 Likes

Have you seen this story yet. I haven’t seen it here at TPMZ

1 Like

:musical_note: world’s littelest violin :musical_note:
Poor Martha (whine, whine).

2 Likes

Yes, I saw it this morning early on CNN.com.

1 Like

Thanks. I think it is very newsworthy but apparently not here. I guess it’s not a sexy enough story

3 Likes

Perhaps economics isn’t political enough. The happenings in the middle East are also very important yet the implosion of a meme gets top billing for a while. Yet TPM is a political site and that is it’s main thrust. I would think they’d be pounding the pavement getting responses from the right as to what Obama is doing in Syria.Is it “manly” enough? What are Lindsey and Gramps’ take on it? Generally I really like TPM and the comments but sometimes I wonder about story placement and coverage.

4 Likes

Search some Air Force blogs for various opinions on Martha McSally…“the first female Air Force combat vet to run for Congress”…yada, yada, yada… Try flyingsquadron.com

GOP POV: “RINO! Flip-flopper!”

Good job, Gabby! Keep that pressure on!

1 Like

That’s not a micro-population. That’s the ruling class!

4 Likes

Believe she really has changed her position when she herself says it in front of a camera from a major news agency. Coming from an aid, this is an etch-a-sketch trial balloon like that carpet bagger senator wanna-be in NH is floating re Pro Choice.

4 Likes

Martha is too conservative for Tucson but she isn’t a tea party type. We are likely the most democratically oriented city in Arizona. But that isn’t saying much as Arizona is a deeeeply red state and Tucson would be considered conservative compared to other places, say, in Oregon or Mass.

1 Like

I don’t think she’s a Tea party type. She ran very very close to Ron Barber last time around and lost by a slim margin. Tucson won’t vote for tea fringe types.

She must have gotten some of those new, unused “flip-flop shoes” from John McCain, the King of Flip-Flop.

I am glad she changed her gun stance if even a tiny bit.

1 Like

If it comes up for a vote, I promise you she repeals it anyway.

Rinse, repeat: GOP. It’s never a problem until it happens personally to them, and even then?

It’s not really a problem unless it means they cannot get elected to office. Empathy challenged.

Also? You go, Gabby Giffords. You rock.

4 Likes

Stalkers are a micro-population who contribute more than their fair share of murders.

1 Like