Discussion: GOPer: Clinton Will 'Go Down Like Monica Lewinsky' Debating Trump

1 Like

It never amazes me how rude and crass these guys can get. Do they not have daughters or wives? Real classy.

42 Likes

Point of Reference,

4/28/00 Gore 41 Bush 47 (Gallup/USA Today) rest RealClearPolitics Average

4/26/04 Kerry 42.0 Bush 44.8

4/26/08 Obama 46.3 McCain 44.7

4/26/12 Obama 47.9 Romney 43.7

4/26/16 Clinton 49.0 Trump 40.5

35 Likes

This is just the beginning, folks. The false bravado Trump supporters have and the thought of being bested by a smart woman will really bring out the lowest common denominator in the Republicans.

52 Likes

Matheny told the reporter that she hadn’t had time to process Sutton’s comment to assess whether anything other than an apology, such as a resignation, was warranted.

If between now and the election such language is deemed worthy of a tendered resignation the GOP is going to lose much of their party infrastructure.
21 Likes

Outreach!

32 Likes

Totally agree. If we think this is bad, just wait for them to start having to confront this reality of losing to a woman and how they react. “Misogyny carnival” doesn’t even begin to describe what I expect.

43 Likes

Yes, and the fact that they’ve been able to subjugate those women only reinforces their belief that they should be able to subjugate all women.

16 Likes

Let’s see…Loose the Hispanic vote, the African American vote, and the women vote. Who’s next?

7 Likes

4 Likes

You are spot on…And I can’t wait to see him go down and he will!

2 Likes

And this folks is what it’s going to be like until Election Day. They can’t attack her policy so they will attack her for being female…welcome back to the 1950 folks.

22 Likes

way to stay classy … now wait for the righteous indignation and haughtiness aimed at anyone offended - 'cause you know this was ‘just a joke’…

8 Likes

They lost to a black man - twice. Now they face the real prospect of losing to a woman. The world as they imagined it to be is gone, and they are terrified.

28 Likes

The Muslim vote.

@jinnj The squishy reply from the R Matheny doesn’t go nearly far enough. Condemn it, woman! Stand up to this pig. He could say it about you next…

13 Likes

“As a woman, as a Republican, it’s not what I would have said,” Matheny said. “I don’t endorse it in any way.”

As a Republican, you’d better fall in line like a good soldier. As a woman, my advice would be to stop being a Republican.

35 Likes

Trump has yet to debate anyone. The theatrics of the gooper sideshow won’t work against Clinton. The Donald will be in a lose/lose situation: if he attempts to truly debate, he loses. He is hopelessly outmatched. And if he bullies ala WWE style, he loses bigger, reinforcing the fact that he is unfit for the office. Seriously, if I were him, I would decline all offers of debate and instead go barnstorming with Vince McMahon.

14 Likes

Yeah if certain folks would learn to stay in their place then we wouldn’t have to say such mean things publicly…snark

7 Likes

OK Folks here he is -

Bob Sutton (Crass clueless Asshole)

Chairman of the Broward County GOP Executive Committee

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10955623_104497229881525_2883513236140904651_n.jpg?oh=555722087eb27fb6679b39f8a300173f&oe=57A3786B

15 Likes

We are seeing only the beginning. Clinton’s nomination will be the catalyst for bringing misogyny to the surface the same way Obama’s election became a catalyst for people who decided they would no longer keep their vilest racial animus in check. I kind of get how people can end up “othering” groups with whom they only have very limited if any contact – it’s not excusable, but it’s easier to stoke fear when it is not tempered by knowledge. No one has that excuse when it comes to women.

20 Likes