Discussion: GOP Senator: 'We Should Be Sending More Terrorists' to <a href="http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/guantanamo/">Guantánamo</a> Bay

Discussion for article #232942

GItmo is not as empty as this newby Senator’s head!

12 Likes

Since we’re getting along better with Cuba now, let’s turn it into a luxury hotel and vacation destination!

Problem solved, you moron.

9 Likes

We could use the space for traitorous Republicans doing the bidding of a foreign power via AIPAC.

10 Likes

Room for George, Dick and Don?

10 Likes

Why is nobody in the Dems smart and mean enough to do things like stand up and demand he give us his list of who should be there and how they should be “interrogated” and then mercilessly berate the guy to hand it over for the next couple weeks? Pussies and sea cucumbers.

8 Likes

You mean his head is stuffed with… Cotton?

4 Likes

Good. I’m glad he brought this up.

Finally enough “beds” to house the real criminals of our time: G. W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfallen, Condi Rice, Carl the Rove, Paul …

If I had my way they’d not need beds though. More like racks and cables and buckets of [piss] water with a few hand towels.

12 Likes

Thanks a lot Arkansas.

5 Likes

Assignment: explain how Gitmo differs from a concentration camp. (10 min).

7 Likes

This is what happens when you let a TEA BAGGER into the Senate. Ignorance is all you get.

8 Likes

And all their toady minions. Condi, Feith and Yoo too.

3 Likes

Spare beds could be sent to a VA hospital which has a waiting list. At $3 million a year per detainee he needs to introduce some reality into his thinking but he can’t if Manchin DINO-W. Va. more or less agrees with him.

5 Likes

Magna from Harvard, decorated combat vet, loathsome and dangerously pernicious fool—life is complicated.

10 Likes

See, this is the reason why I’m not so keen on the Dems trying to recruit veterans for congressional seats. You would “think” that someone who has seen the horrors of war up close and personal would be against it. But, the teabagger veterans are more than happy to keep the country at war constantly, you know, for further interrogation to keep this country safe.

3 Likes

Is he Michele Bachmann’s brother?

Bush went to grad school at Harvard, but the closest he ever got to magna was a big bottle of champagne.

9 Likes

I worked early in my career at a newspaper where one of the other reporters was a Harvard grad. He was a nice guy and was very reticent about it, like we’d be intimidated, but we weren’t intimidated, because he wasn’t any better a reporter or writer than the rest of us. Ordinary mortals are sometimes admitted to Harvard, I guess.

2 Likes

I’m sure many Harvard grads have done many good things, but it seems we usually only hear about the “others.”

There are also other exceptional schools out there.

1 Like

Because SOOO many terrorists have escaped from the Supermax in Florence, CO. Wait, there have been no escapes?

7 Likes