Discussion: GOP Senator: We Need To Stop Putting 'Bullshit' In Essential Bills

Discussion for article #233762

I would like to believe that the extremely vulnerable senator from a royal blue state is right about the need to govern responsibly, but as long as voters keep rewarding these nuts with congressional majorities, they’ll keep playing chicken and shutting down government. It’s all, by now, that the inbred grandsons of Reagan know to do.

21 Likes

If you’re so concerned about bullshit, Kirk, maybe you should quit the Party of Bullshit.

43 Likes

If you don’t like bullshit, Senator, please explain your press release:

¨Kirk Welcomes Netanyahu Remarks on Threats Posed by ISIS, Iran¨

or your
S. 269: Nuclear Weapon Free Iran Act of 2015

which govtrack.us gives a 1% chance of enactment, thankfully

27 Likes

You’re a voice in the wilderness, Senator, and the jackals from your own party are going to eat you up.

3 Likes

I see a primary challenger in your future, Senator. “Constitutional” Bullshit is what the Tea Party loves rolling around in.

7 Likes

“In the long-run, if you are blessed with the majority, you’re blessed with the power to govern. If you’re gonna govern, you have to act responsibly,” Kirk said.

Amen, brother, amen.

4 Likes

No he isn’t. If he were really something he’d switch parties and tell McConnel and that rancid prick Cruz to pound sand.

6 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

1 Like

Putting BS in bills is all they do. If they quit, the entire party would have to shut down.

4 Likes

I dunno, the Illinois GOP is pretty weak, and his presence there is something of an anomaly.

2 Likes

His clock will be accurate again in exactly 12 hours.

10 Likes

Don’t act sane now. You were lockstep with all the GOP crazy when you filibustered bill after bill, judge after judge and appointment after appointment. You did this for 5 years, feeding this beast of religious and racist crazy, and now that an election is coming, you pretend that you are one of the reasonable ones.

Not buying it. This standoff is as much your fault for your past actions as it is the rest of the GOP.

20 Likes

The last time the Republicans held the government, they were looking at 20% approval ratings until 9/11 happened. Then the country rallied around them, but they still couldn’t govern.

6 Likes

Republicans are unable to accept responsibility for their actions. Blame and fearmongoring are their fortes they have no legislative ideas.

The sound bite party

2 Likes

You might as well ask a fish to ride a bicycle.

4 Likes

Sen. Kirk, you seem like a nice guy. I pulled for you and wished you well awhile back when you had some health problems. But, seriously, dude, why not quit the Party of Bullshit? You already are not in the good graces of the tea-flavored nuts. It’s still early in the new year – why not make it a really good one???

4 Likes

Sorry, Senator, but bullshit is all your party has to offer. If you remove the bullshit, there’s nothing left.

7 Likes

As the pretend-moderate rebranding of Mark Kirk continues, in advance of the election next year.

14 Likes

“In the long-run, if you are blessed with the majority, you’re blessed with the power to govern. If you’re gonna govern, you have to act responsibly,” Kirk said.

I realize Sen. Kirk has been dealing with some serious health issues as of late, but I didn’t realize he’s spent the last several years in a coma. The reality of the modern Republican Party must have been a shocking thing for him to wake up to.

5 Likes