Discussion: GOP Senator Says He Wants More Time Before Voting On Obamacare Repeal Bill

1 Like

Yes. He needs to hold his finger in the wind a good long time on this one.

12 Likes

“I don’t know quite why the rush,” he said, it’s only been in place 8 years."

2 Likes

Of course he is going to vote for it. His rich donors are more important than La. voters.

3 Likes

He’s a YES vote. PERIOD

Anyone ever wonder why the “liberal media” focuses almost exclusively on Republican guests on their Sunday talk shows?

5 Likes

“Right now I’m undecided,” Cassidy said on CBS News’ “Face the Nation.”

I heard David Sedaris speak once. He said that he was baffled by the term “undecided voter.”

He said, "Imagine that you’re on an airplane, and the flight attendant offers you a meal. Your first choice is chicken. Your second choice is human excrement, mixed with ground glass.

An undecided voter is the person who asks, ‘Hmm. How is the chicken prepared?’"

9 Likes

Rope-a-dope. They are just trying to outlast the news cycle.

4 Likes

Yeah, Cassidy will cave. He just needs to pretend he has a soul for an extra few days.

5 Likes

He want’s more time. But, there are balloons.

‘But,’ said the Medical Man, staring hard at a coal in the fire, ‘if Time is really only a fourth dimension of Space, why is it, and why has it always been, regarded as something different? And why cannot we move in Time as we move about in the other dimensions of Space?’

The Time Traveller smiled. ‘Are you sure we can move freely in Space? Right and left we can go, backward and forward freely enough, and men always have done so. I admit we move freely in two dimensions. But how about up and down? Gravitation limits us there.’

‘Not exactly,’ said the Medical Man. ‘There are balloons.’

‘But before the balloons, save for spasmodic jumping and the inequalities of the surface, man had no freedom of vertical movement.’

‘Still they could move a little up and down,’ said the Medical Man.

‘Easier, far easier down than up.’

‘And you cannot move at all in Time, you cannot get away from the present moment.’

Herbert George Wells.

3 Likes

Especially on Sunday. After today he can revert.

3 Likes

“I frankly would like more days to consider this," but now that I’ve signaled reasonableness to a gullible press, I will joyfully vote for this monstrous tax cut at the expense of vulnerable people.

1 Like

Bait and switch bullshit alert! Cassidy will follow the leader in the end. He’s an MD who took an oath to do no harm, but I guess the oath doesn’t apply when he’s voting to take away health insurance from millions of people, possibly 343,400 in his home state of Louisiana.

3 Likes

Louisiana is a very poor state. Is it beyond comprehension that might actually vote to protect the millions who put him in DC to help them? I’d love to believe so.

Probably has plenty of stock in medical devices and some new drug on the market too like Tom Price, with his ability to get insider trading advice while in Congress. No doubt getting in fresh at the bottom before it takes off big time. On the other hand, his most likely main donors comes from oil and gas though, being from LA and all.

2 Likes

It’s not beyond my belief. It’s beyond my belief to think Cassidy will buck the GOP leadership.

3 Likes

It is a bit of a mystery. It must be because no one has ever brought it to their attention before at any point in the last sixteen years.

1 Like

It all has to do with complaining.
Republicans complained like 2 year olds for 30 years that they were getting unfair treatment, until the media granted them special favors galore.
Democrats complain, but not in an organized fashion. In fact, for every Democrat with a legitimate complaint, there are two other who are willing to go on the air to disavow the first guy.

4 Likes

“Ah would like a little more tahm to look like am thinkin’ about if befoah I vote ‘yes.’”

4 Likes

This is the guy who coined the phrase “Jimmy Kimmel test” a couple of months ago and said he wants the Senate bill to pass that test. We already know that it doesn’t, and won’t. But sure, let’s give him some more time before he inevitably caves. (He’s not up for reelection until 2020.)

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available