Discussion: GOP Senator: 'No Question' Bill To Shield Mueller Is Directed At Trump

2 Likes

Senator Tillis has basically taken the Democratic position. Wow! Makes me wonder what he knows that isn’t public knowledge yet.

19 Likes

Trust me, if it wasn’t bad, Tillis, of all people, wouldn’t be wearing a life jacket all the time and having all his meals brought out to him at his deckchair near the lifeboats.

Update. I was reflecting further on this guy, who I really dislike, though I no longer underestimate his intelligence.

Back in January, he was on-board the Apology Train. I fired off a blistering rage-fax to Tillis over this:

And now he’s doing this, firing off snarky responses to Medvedev tweets that are so obviously calculated to push Trump’s big obvious buttons that it was clearly based on an FSB psych profile we’d call it crude and laughable if it wasn’t Trump . . .
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/under-the-dome/article165062052.html

Dude knows something. Something has him spooked.

37 Likes

“Senator Tillis said on Fox News”…

I may need to get glasses.

Who put what in Tillis’ wheaties?

12 Likes

Those weren’t the Wheaties that Caitlyn Jenner had for breakfast, that’s for sure!

8 Likes

But, but, but… KAC assured us, just this morning, that such claims were merely “hypothetical.”

12 Likes

Senator Weathervane

13 Likes

Serious question: Has Mueller been in contact with Christopher Steele?

Have any of the Congressional committees subpoenaed him?

Or sent staff to London to depose him?

At some point, his testimony (and other evidence) cannot not play into these official investigations…

14 Likes

Don’t these guys know who donnie IS ? ? …

How can he save us if he’s not allowed to enact his agenda ? ? …

20 Likes

“A pair of Republican staffers on the House intelligence committee flew to London recently to try to find a way to bring the author of a dossier containing explosive allegations about President Donald Trump and top members of his campaign before the panel, sources familiar with the trip have told CNN.”

12 Likes

So, what I’m seeing is the the Business Whore half of the GOP wants Mueller to take down Trump, and the Christofascist half wants a Presidency that is all but untouchable - assuming there’s a ® in office.

That about sums it up?

13 Likes

The drip, drip, drip, is speeding up. and the WH is running out of duct tape to patch the dike.

9 Likes

I’m wondering to what extent a special-counsel investigation into links and coordination embraces both counterintelligence and law-enforcement standards and procedures. My understanding is Steele created the dossier by asking all his own sources for stuff, so there may be little of it he himself can vouch for. And what authority does anyone here have to get non-citizens residing abroad to testify?

8 Likes

In this particular instance …

I think maybe just ’ asking nicely ’ … would suffice —

7 Likes

Tillis is as corrupt a hard line conservative as there is. This is posturing by an asshole that represents a purple state.

7 Likes

Well, he went into hiding immediately after the dossier was made public, so perhaps he has legitimate fears for his safety.

I guess he’s not in hiding anymore, but he is keeping a low profile.

4 Likes

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC) on Sunday said there is “no question” a bill he co-sponsored to shield Justice Department special counsels from political influence is at least partly completely directed at President Donald Trump.

FIFY. You have a problem with that bill, Senator? Don’t vote for it. Show the world your compliance and that you are aiding and abetting an ongoing criminal conspiracy.

2 Likes

I think he is a cosponsor of the bill. And I think his words are not meant to down play - but to (the fox news crowd) strike a strong tone - that is against the President. Color me surprised.

6 Likes

Maybe Roger Stone has decided to throw Trump overboard and start riding the Pence train. The evangelicals actually trust Pence.

1 Like

Gotta admit, that’s a nice slam dunk in Medvedev’s face.

4 Likes