Discussion: GOP Senator: Confirming Judges Has 'Nothing To Do With Doing Our Jobs'

1 Like

I’ll bet this dumb ass carries a copy of the Constitution in his pocket.

37 Likes

Typically moronic and indefensible claim from Jughead Tillis.

14 Likes

I’ll bet this dumb ass carries a copy of the Constitution in his pocket.

It’s just backup toilet paper in case the men’s room shitter is out of it.

But more importantly—will there be a single “journalist” on television who will call this asshole out on this?

39 Likes

If the average American (non-politician) performed their jobs any where close to how the GOP led Senate does, we would have been fired years ago, and deservedly so…

Waste of space…

36 Likes

Publicly proclaimed ignorance only helps him. Hooray America.

16 Likes

Murica.

3 Likes

“Confirming Judges Has ‘Nothing To Do With Doing Our Jobs’”

That IS your job asswipe!

31 Likes

If television journalists reported every stupid comment made by a GOPer, people would lose faith in their gubmint.

6 Likes

Senator Tillis “Dur…me too stupid to read Con…Con…paper thingy!”

7 Likes

This explains quite a bit about the Senate over the past seven and a half years. Not all of it, but quite a bit.

12 Likes

I pointed this out in the thread yesterday re: Congress doing nothing in the short amount of time alloted. And the reason I brought it up is because we now have a good number of Rethugs in Congress who have no idea what they should ACTUALLY be doing.

They’ve formed this idea in their minds that they go to Congress in order to enact laws on reversing social issues (i.e. abortion, gay rights, civil and racial rights, etc.) and stalling more liberal ones and that’s it. That’s ALL they see the purpose of Congress for. Not in terms of actually building and maintaining the country, physically and economically. Nope. For them, it’s the social issues. And they lost that war decades ago.

42 Likes

Another GOPer completely ignoring the Constitution. There is no gray area here, no nuance, no false equivalency to be had. It is blatant. Yet you can bet no one in the mainstream media will even mention this. Because he is a GOPer. And so he will get away with it, slamming both the Constitution and the President. Why the heck are there no consequences for his utter failure to uphold the Constitution?

15 Likes

The Senator was not talking about his part-time job as a Senator. He was talking about his career as a GOP grifter.

8 Likes

Does this mean the Senate is giving up its job of confirming judges? Sounds ok with me.Obama, appoint away.

13 Likes

“I’m doing my job today and objecting to these measures so we can actually get back to pressing matters.”

Translation: “I’ve got post offices to rename, dagnabbit!”

5 Likes

Why am I not surprised he never bothered to read his job description in the US Constitution. He knows there is only one important constitutional right and that is the second amendment, nothing else matters. I wonder if anyone will correct him, or if he gets to Trump his way through this embarrassing example of his lack of basic knowledge of the requirements of his position.

4 Likes

FYI…Tillis was announced the winner of the close 2014 Senate race at approximately 11:30 PM on November 4, 2014. Tillis carried 48.82 percent of the vote, the lowest winning total in North Carolina history for a U.S. Senate candidate.

5 Likes

So since the Congress is in recess, if they have really gone on recess and not that half-a$$ed nonsense they have pulled in the past, is it open-season on recess appointments?

7 Likes

I can just see the talk radio groupies nodding.

2 Likes