Discussion: GOP Senate Leader John Thune Says It's Time For Trump To Step Aside

Too late, Trump’s character was evident years ago.

10 Likes

At this point, calling for him to withdraw is craven. The thing is, he won’t. And if he did, his name would still be on the ballot. The courageous thing to do is to support Hillary Clinton. Anything less, is cowardice.

17 Likes

the doors of hell have opened up to Donald Trump!

Sorry dude, he’s all yours.

I hope you all choke on him too.

7 Likes

I could be wrong, but I recall that there are reasons why Thune never made it to serious consideration as a VP running mate. I’m sure the Trump camp knows those reasons.

The time to deny HO any possibility of being the nominee was before or during the convention. You could have invoked Rule 9 then. Too late now.

9 Likes
The Senate's No. 3 leader Sen. John Thune (R-SD) said it is time for Donald Trump to step down and allow Republican Vice Presidential candidate Mike Pence to be the Republican nominee.

I don’t expect Trump to withdraw, but if the scenario Thune proposes were to happen, I could see Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, Chris Christie et al. saying, “Wait, why does Pence get to be the nominee?”

9 Likes

It does my heart some good to see the Republicans in such disarray heading into the election. Hopefully it’s enough to at least take the Senate.

@navamske

Anything they do would just further muck things up; it’s delicious.

6 Likes

One thing positive I can say about the Republicans: Because of them, I no longer have to do a mental spell-check before I use the word Schadenfreude.

11 Likes

South Dakota’s residents saw that this behavior was par for the course for Trump months if not years ago! Why didn’t Senator Thune?

4 Likes

Well Senator I guess that light you see in the tunnel is a train after all,eh?

Thanks Chambers Brothers

“Now the time has come (Time)
There are things to realize (Time)
Time has come today (Time)
Time has come today (Time)”

2 Likes

And Pence certainly has his flaws as well

1 Like

Cruz would be the one to try to contest a Pence candidacy. That little weasel Chaffetz would almost certainly poke his neck out, too.

1 Like

Loose lips sink ships.

interesting… before that happens wouldn’t everyone like to know who the VP pick would be?

1 Like

Not cool. What he does on his own time is his own business.

1 Like

But we need to be vigilant - we do not know what wiki leaks, the Russians and the trump “make it up as you go” team will come up with in the next few weeks.

Some excellent timing here to release the Goldman Sachs transcripts at the exact moment Trump’s meltdown sucks all the media oxygen on the planet. Did Assange actually do that on purpose, or did he think the transcripts might actually save the confessed rapist?

I guess Assange still hasn’t confessed to his…

2 Likes

Interesting. Several RNC members have told CNN that Pence should resign from the ticket - if Pence wants any future in the party.

3 Likes