Discussion: GOP Sen.: I'd Arrest Dems Who Held Sit-In On House Floor

Nice guy. Real nice guy we elected in NC. You’re welcome, America. You’re fucking welcome.

19 Likes

“Why people would use the pulpit of the House floor of the House chamber to advance their political agenda…I think it is disgusting.”

That’s several cards short of a full deck.

42 Likes

The business of the House is more important than the antics that we see going on…

There is no credible business of the House. At least not since Obama was elected.

27 Likes

That’s what Democrats and the country gets when we don’t turn out for midterm elections. This is one of the dumbest guys in the Senate. And with Ron Johnson of WI and Jim Inhofe of OK, that’s saying something!

31 Likes

Yes, by all means don’t let anyone, particularly the Democrats, impede the business of the House which as far as anyone can tell is sitting on their legislative-less asses collecting the people’s money while blocking any progress of the White House.

29 Likes

It’s better than Rep. Steve King, who wants to use firehoses to spray them off the floor.

5 Likes

Tillis is from North Carolina. And he is an asshole who doesn’t understand the role that peaceful demonstration and dissent have played in the history of our country. Given his authoritarian stance he surely must be a strong supporter of Trump.

10 Likes

And dogs. Don’t forget the dogs.

19 Likes

Shorter Tillis: “Oh, boy! Oh, boy! I REALLY REALLY want to catch that car!!! Bark bark bark!”

9 Likes

And he always looks like he has little snacks tucked away in his cheeks for later.

5 Likes

King definitely has a psychotic fixation with his guns.

I've had it with the gun grabbing Democrats and their sit in anti 2nd amendment jihad. I'm going to go home and buy a new gun.

— Steve King (@SteveKingIA) June 23, 2016

Yeahhh, like you needed a reason to buy another gun.

18 Likes

I am really almost tired of pointing this out, but here goes for the umpteenth time…Republican + North Carolina = Asshole.

13 Likes

“Why people would use the pulpit of the House floor of the House chamber to advance their political agenda, to advance their fund-raising—go out to their political web sites and see how many of them have sent out an e-mail over the past week exploiting a political tragedy for their political purposes?” Tillis charged, shortly before the sit-in ended. “I think it is disgusting.”

What is the politcal tragedy? That this was just another “nut with a gun” attack and had nothing to do with ISIS or foreign terrorists?

The Republican senator said that the focus on tightening access to firearms was misguided and that Congress instead needed to focus on eradicating the threat of terrorist attacks.

“How long do we have to take before we recognize the fundamental threat to this nation is terror and ISIS spreading its tentacles into our own homeland?” Tillis said.

Ah. Yep.

1 Like

“Why people would use the pulpit of the House floor of the House chamber to advance their political agenda…”

Trey Gowdy: This sounds familiar.

10 Likes

Shut up you little ahole. Go READ about how this country was founded. Certainly not by a bunch of authoritarian entitled jerks who just arrest anyone in their way…hey I think those were the British!

5 Likes

Well, Tillis, first you’d have to have grounds for arrests. However, if you managed to make some up, it might have been quite interesting to see the fallout from such an ill considered action. I’ve a hunch the Reps wouldn’t come out smelling like roses.

8 Likes

United States Constitution - Article 1 - Section 6

The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States. They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

The Gentlemen idiot Congress critter is ruled out of order…

26 Likes

Says the prostitute who received 4.4 million from the NRA

19 Likes

First Amendment
Main article: First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

maybe it’s just me but it doesn’t seem that the right to peaceably assemble somehow exempts the floor of the people’s House…

13 Likes