Discussion: GOP Sen. Blunt Still Stands With Trump After Video Debacle

Well, of course he does. Face it, Roy’s not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

10 Likes

In addition to being the very model of stupidity, Roy is also a paragon of faux-virtue.

6 Likes

And then he trotted out his unicorn to fart out free market pixie dust in rainbow colors. Except black. Also, not a female unicorn.

7 Likes

Roy Blunt and those eyebrows aren’t going anywhere!

I guess this just proves that Republicans prefer to cling to their racism more than they dislike talk of sexual assault.

5 Likes

We are still waiting for a true apology.

4 Likes

With the exception of the guy on the right, they all look like they call came from the same infected gene pool.

The sooner the “old boys club” dies out, the better.

5 Likes

Yeah, did Roy think that short little video of “but Clinton is worse!” qualified as an apology?

4 Likes

“I am glad to see that he understands more about the country now than he believes he did when this process started,” Blunt said, referring to a comment Trump made in his apology for the remarks.

11 Likes

Oh Roy Boy you never disappoint. I good Christian such as yourself should know what an apology sounds and looks like. I used to think Kit Bond was the biggest political hack but you just stole his crown. I hope Danforth takes you to the woodshed, and shows us what a principled Republican looks like, again.

3 Likes

It’s Springfield, MO the bible belt of the Ozarks, they’re too in bed with the Duggar type religion and the quiver full mentality to die out.

“I think if you want to solve the problems that have been created over the last eight years, you can’t have a third Obama administration." (Roy Blunt)

Riiiiighttt … so many – oooooh so very many!! – of the nation’s problems just popped up outta nowhere in the last eight years … ever since that dark man and his dark family moved into our White House. – That is what you mean, right, Blunt?

4 Likes

Sen. Thune just called for HO to drop out.

2 Likes

Is Thune up for re-election?

1 Like

No. That’s what makes it big.

2 Likes

WaPo in July:

South Dakota Sen. John Thune, 55, will be reelected overwhelmingly in November,
no matter what happens to Donald Trump…

jw1

2 Likes

I thought he was elected in 2012 and won’t run again for 2 years.

Ouch. Yes, it’s looking like the snowball is too far down the mountain to stop its momentum now.

ETA: Now I see jw1’s post. Still, he’s pretty solid (though very conservative) GOP – and his calling for HO to step aside is big news.

It must be true. I read it online! :grin:

Wiki sez: Elected 2010 with 100% of the vote (unopposed).

jw1

2 Likes

Misread his bio. He was elected a committee chair in 2012.

2 Likes