Discussion: GOP Rep: The Walls 'Around My House' Keep 'Bad People Out And Critters Out'

Yep, sounds as if he is trying and failing to have it multiple ways. I have a 4 to 7 foot fence around my place, it is not to keep others, including animals, out but rather to help keep my animals safe. I’d rather not have them running into the street, chasing after cars, etc. Then yes, I rather keep the deer away from my garden, that food is meant for me and the surplus for the food bank.

11 Likes

Don’t most of these comments miss the point in the rush to insult people we think are on the other side. It seems a bit like the kids in red hats ganging up on someone they think needs to be put in his place.

Does he have bars on all the windows? If not, it’s not the walls that are keeping people out; it’s the security system, the neighbors, and the cops.

2 Likes

The Washington Post, which flagged the comment, said it was reminiscent of Donald Trump Jr.’s comparison of immigrants and zoo animals.

OMG, I was thinking when I saw his picture that he looked like Individual 1 Jr. Guess he’s just as stupid.

6 Likes

I would guarantee this Congressman that if there was an epidemic of violence on his street or a wave of poverty, people would find a way around, under, or through his walls very easily.

3 Likes

You’ve seen idiocracy, right?

1 Like

No, because they don’t have barking dogs!

1 Like

He needs to spend more time in his house. And less time in ours.

6 Likes

Apparently a number of houses do not have walls. Some are quite lovely (image search). Here’s one:

6 Likes

Looks more like a patio to me. Also looks like there’s walls in the back, there.

1 Like

Oh, we are. Republicans just aren’t listening.

They’re forcing Americans to perform slave labor, so a Russian conspirator can extort billions from the National Treasury.

No wall. No waste of money. No more new taxes

4 Likes

Click the link to the article. It has more pictures.

I take it that house is not in mosquito country.

3 Likes

Something to consider the next time you talk to a ‘waller’… if China would build a 30 foot wall on their southern borders for security purposes it would include a section across the Himalayas including Mount Everest - it’s southern border with Nepal.

2 Likes

It’s in Costa Rica.

Must have attended Trump U’s PHD program…heavy on the P!

1 Like

Where I live the deer are like a biblical plague and people put these huge tall plastic-mesh fences in that you have to crane your neck back to see the top of. They’re jumpers, deer.

2 Likes

No, but I see it all around me every day.

1 Like

Drawing on my Originialist interpretation of the Bible, walls are unnatural.

“I mean, I have four walls around my house and they keep bad people out

But, apparently, not in.

4 Likes