Discussion: GOP Rep. Says He'll Vote For Libertarian Gary Johnson

1 Like

Rigell, who is not running for re-election this year, …

Caroline Kennedy is flying back from Tokyo as we speak. Certainly this warrants a special Profiles In Courage Award.

12 Likes

“I’ve weighed the pros and cons, done due diligence, investigated his policy positions, looked at his past statements on abortion, prayer in schools, etc. and decided to vote for someone who isn’t out of their fucking mind.”

11 Likes

always taking into consideration what’s best for the Country…

1 Like

It seems unlikely he’d publicly condemn his own party’s nominee, declare him an unacceptable, even dangerous choice, and then vote for him anyway once he gets in the booth.

5 Likes

The congressman said that he is still a Republican, but told the Times that if the Republican party aligned with Trump more closely, he would become an independent.

Better find out what the website is for changing your registration, Scott, cause that time has come and gone…

4 Likes

I’m always bitching about Republicans who have gone along with the crazy ass things the party does so I have to give Rigell credit for this even if I disagree with almost everything else he says.

10 Likes

The declaration is the point, in itself. Everybody’s vote is of equal value, but a political leader’s support is presumed to be of greater value, since it sways many votes.

9 Likes

I suspect there a lot more Republican politicians who publicly “support the nominee” but will actually vote for Johnson than vice versa.

9 Likes

It’s a slow-drip of poison for the Trump candidacy.
Every day another ® turns his/her back on the GOP candidate.
It gives tacit approval to voters-- that they can do same.
Far more useful than Rep Rigell’s actual vote-- particularly in VA.

jw1

16 Likes

I’d like to look into the alternate universe where Trump wins and see what happens to these folks. Then go back to a universe where Trump loses.

7 Likes

“I reject Trump as our nominee based on his judgment, temperament and character, all of which point to a reckless, embarrassing and ultimately dangerous presidency,”

But you’re going to waste your vote on Johnson, and risk a Drumpf presidency, because Johnson is not “her”.

Got it. Loser…

7 Likes

He should vote Stein cuz
vaccinations turn yer kids libral

10 Likes

Exactly. It reverses the normalization process.

13 Likes

Rigell, who is not running for re-election this year,

Yup.

7 Likes

De-Normalization, it sounds like Pentagon-ese.

4 Likes

How is making someone the Republican nominee for President not aligning “with Trump more closely?” Inquiring minds wanna know.

2 Likes

Looks like more and more GOPers are starting to

##Feel the Johnson!!

12 Likes

Or A Clockwork Orange-ish?

jw1

3 Likes

Yes, better.

3 Likes