Discussion: GOP Rep On Vaccines: An 'Oppressive State' Shouldn't Tells Us What To Do

stage 4 cervical cancer here. dumbassess.

1 Like

I cant decide if republicanism is teenage or a toddler political mindset.

It was all a misunderstanding. Duffy thought the vaccinations would prevent weasles, so he was feeling threatened.

1 Like

That usage of the word “state” would completely clear up the Obamacare situation. I’m just sayin’.

1 Like

Nobody said that Sean Duffy was smart—just that he was conservative, which is pretty much the opposite of smart.

1 Like

Can we stop with the “extremists on both sides are the problem”? Anti-vaxx Nutcases on the Left are not driving Public Policy and they don’t hold office.

2 Likes

You’ve never been to Marin County in California have you?

“I know my kids best. I know what morals and values are right for my children.”

But you apparently don’t know jack shit what epidemiological threats they face. The Bible doesn’t mention measles, so I guess you’re off the hook, right?

Yep. He’s probably thinking of the HPV vaccine. Can’t be interfering with God’s punishment of girls who have premarital sex, or girls who marry boys who had premarital sex, or women who marry divorced men. Cancer is God’s judgment on sex that doesn’t meet with dad’s approval. Family values, don’tcha know.

1 Like

Ten year survivor here. I hope you will get the best care and be as fortunate as I have been. Hang in there.

1 Like

Keep you kids away from Republicans.

So I guess he’s fine with Sharia law for Muslims?

So, Politicians are not scientists when it comes to climate change, but they are all doctors when it comes to vaccines… Obstetricians and gynecologists and women’s health, etc… Can we just agree that they should STFU when it comes to matters of health and choices???

1 Like

“…We should not have an oppressive state telling us what to do…”

Liberal.

Sean Duffy’s family values amount to how much the Link family, of manufactured beef stick fame, value their corporate jet. His crowning achievement is getting the Hayward airport expanded so the Link family can land easier.

His opinion of vaccinations just illustrate Amanda Marcotte’s contention that anti-vaccinators are elitists who think they know better than the most obvious no-brainer in all of western medicine.

I think these idiotic statements should disqualify this idiot not only from public office, but also from parenting.

And he’s already spawned SEVEN kids!

He thinks he’s showing virtue, as his kids will be unprotected from hepatitis and HPV. Likely thinks his kids won’t be one of the bad ones who grows up and has premarital sex or does drugs, because he’s a good person. Doesn’t realize that no one thinks that. And of course even if his kids are monogamous angels, he can’t control what their spouses do, and so they’d still be at risk.

He knows that some of them have to do with sex and body parts, and that’s icky, so he’s opting out.

I wonder if Duffy is a “former” attorney because he knows percious little of the law. The state tells us what we can and can’t do all the time: in order to hunt, to drive, refrain from theft, murder and violence and so on. The inherent “police power” cannot be exercised arbitrarily, but it is common and it is a GOP favorite.

The power of states to regulate and mandate vaccine use was established more than 100 years ago in the Supreme Court Jacobson case. There is a narrow religious exception, but otherwise, its been well settled years ago.

Duffy is free to form his own Luddite Leper colony if he chooses, but his right to harbor and expose me to communicable diseases ends, pretty much, when he leaves his house.

Folks, this all about denying there’s any good in collective action to solve problems. They are incapable of admitting that even an issue as clear-cut as this one - which has a proven record of success - might be at least one good example of the “oppressive government” doing something that is for everyone’s benefit.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available