Discussion: GOP Rep Likens FBI Probe Of Trump To A 'Coup': 'Absolutely Disgraceful'

Staten Island is weird, but it has nothing to do with Pete King. Staten Island is in NY-11; King’s district is NY-02.

Staten Island was long known as the “red borough”. NY-11 is an R+3 district but was won by a Democrat in 2018. Things are looking up.

1 Like

which explains why you have 2 of these in your house

3 Likes

I share mark twain’s opinion of ants

It was worse last year and 2017. There was much more sound and fury. This sounds almost perfunctory.

Just imagine if one of the best presidents we had did anything, just one little piece of this nightmare, a tweet, a phone call, a secret meeting, where we would be today.
Yes, if Obama did .0001 % of what this moron has pulled off, we would be in the middle of our 2nd civil war.
The hypocrisy meter is beyond shattered and broken.

How much cash did the NRA put in this guy’s pocket? This is my new go-to default question about all of these mooks.

When I quit reading the NYT in the mid 1980s (over its subservience to the Likud Party on all things Israel and the Middle East and its subservience to Ronald Reagan on all things Latin American), Newsday was and continued to be, as you describe, fairly liberal to moderate. At some point, the Dolan Family that owns Cablevisioni and Madison Square Garden (and the two professional teams that play there), bought Newsday.

2 Likes

The difference between the FBI investigation and a coup is written into the US Constitution. Perhaps the honorable Rep has heard of that document?

1 Like

What’s disgraceful are Republicans like Peter King being Complicit in pushing the Coverup of the Trump and Russia conspiracy.

1 Like

Yes, an attempted coup by trump and the GOP

Racists go to the island when they have to remain in new york city instead of going elsewhere.

Ha! Rep. Peter King is an insignificant party gasbag. He’s a relic of the era where people sought advice from suburban swing district GOPers, but is now just the Lunkhead from Long Island. He’s irrelevant.

1 Like

So says the former money launderer for the IRA.

1 Like

You’re right.
Still very hard to believe.

1 Like

In the 80’s and 90’s New York Newsday, the city focused edition with folks like Les Payne, Murray Kempton, Jim Dwyer and post Daily News Breslin was always a good read.

3 Likes

Obama won Staten Island in 2012. One of the reasons why was he went there after Superstorm Sandy just after his visit with Christie in NJ.

1 Like

Damn it matt …

made me look at his picture … Twice ! —

Not surprised to hear this from a thug who supports the IRA.

1 Like

It was. Robert Reno too, I had never heard of him before I started reading Newsday. And they had a Sports section that was just as good as Rupert Murdoch’s NYC Rag. And it wasn’t Jets centric or Yankee centric. Even though it was Queens/LI it was not Mets Centric either.

I supplemented Newsday with Puerto Rico and Spanish newspaper reading, and Harpers’ Magazine of the Louis Lapham era of that magazine.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available