Discussion: GOP Rep. Complains Release Of Trump Tax Returns Could Create 'Slippery Slope'

2 Likes

A slippery slope of transparency and accountability!

63 Likes

Yup. Expect the President of the United States to be honest, and where do you stop? The Cabinet? The Senate? The House?

Slippery slope, indeed.

(Would you buy a used country from this man?)

46 Likes

This is not a slippery slope you god damn hypocrite. This is a plateau, not a slope.

This is holding the president just as accountable as every president that has run in recent history.

33 Likes

They could even look at MY returns!

11 Likes

Indeed, “where do you draw the line?” The next thing you know somebody will demand that the president produce his birth certificate.

58 Likes

we have to be careful we are not going down a slippery slope here

Once you disclose one piece of information, it is inevitable that everybody becomes omniscient!

9 Likes

“I think the President has made it very clear as to where he stands on his tax returns,” Reed said. “That’s his right to do so as a citizen of America and have that privacy right protected. We are going to engage in the debate. Let’s see what they ask for in the Ways and Means Committee, see what happens as they go through the process. At the end of the day the President has been clear with his tax returns. The American people elected him.”

7 Likes

:fireworks:

1 Like

Gee, for a second there I almost forgot presidential candidates making their tax returns available was a routine gesture of transparency that has been considered somewhere between normal and necessary for most of my own life, and that the guy who didn’t do it has a complicated international business presence and has long been suspected of FUCKING MONEY LAUNDERING. But I never forgot that “slippery slope” is the argument you make when you can’t really say the thing you’re objecting to is wrong or bad in itself. P.S. You’re in the minority now, right? So plant yourself in the nearest seat and zip it.

52 Likes

Sadly, at this point is it’s a steep climb back to respectability. Shouldn’t be, but that’s where we’re at in 2019.

9 Likes

People want this done. Get it done. Dems will be rewarded.

30 Likes

Tom, the slippery slope here is your head, in more ways than one

5 Likes

What a dystopian hellscape nightmare that would be!

11 Likes

What kind of bullshit is this - candidates have been releasing their returns for years so I fail utterly to see the slippery slope except the one that is lined with Rubles and sends the entire GOP to jail.

have we impeached the motherfucker YET?

38 Likes

“slippery slope”

I would like to see a political cartoon showing that phrase with Trump and Republicans barreling down a mountain, flying off a cliff with words and phrases floating around like “ethics”, “treason”, “children caged”, “emoluments”, “sexual predators”, “racism”.

10 Likes

Please recall, Quisling, that trump DID promise to release his taxes- then back tracked with a bogus IRS audit excuse.

Wait- recall. The gop have no memories.

21 Likes
             'Slippery Slope' 

Ya mean like declaring an emergency when and where there is none ? ? ……

28 Likes

The American people elected him.

The American people elected Hillary Clinton.

30 Likes

The cretins who elected him also were given a campaign promise that he would release the returns if he won.

18 Likes