Discussion: GOP Rep: Border Crisis Won't Hurt GOP Since 'Americans Care More About Americans'

Peter King will find out Bigly come November just how much the American people care of how Trump and Republicans have been running this country.

1 Like

b b

nh

You poor failing Trumpbots are hilarious when you swing wildly and miss spectacularly.

Americans know to get rid of the new, fascist GOP, who have proven under Trump - for example, HateCare and that terrorist tax bill - that they hate the vast majority of Americans.

The GOP will never be a major player again, not with all of these Adolf admirers.

I sincerely appreciate the honest comment, but…

Nah.

Americans’ll take a buck from anywhere. The Representative knows that from the example of his own colleagues.

If it doesn’t sit right with American citizens [which sadly, I have no doubt of] … perhaps a little reminder of our own history…certainly not shining city on a hill examples.

2 Likes

My true blue Democratic parents live in King’s district that went narrowly for Obama twice. This jerk seems cemented in place however.

1 Like

Yeah, real americans don’t care about brown immigrants no matter where they’re from.

I’m from there and family is still there. Democrats actually have a slight majority in registration on LI. Upstate NY accounts for almost all the Republicans in the state.

1 Like

Typical.

Peter King represents the NY 2nd Congressional District:

The 2nd Congressional District of New York is a congressional district for the United States House of Representatives along the South Shore of Long Island. It includes southwestern Suffolk County and a small portion of southeastern Nassau County. Peter King began representing the district beginning in January 2013.

Nassau County communities in the 2nd district include Levittown, North Wantagh, Seaford, South Farmingdale, and Massapequa. Suffolk County communities include Amityville, Copiague, Lindenhurst, Gilgo, West Babylon, Wyandanch, North Babylon, Babylon, Baywood, Brentwood, Brightwaters, Central Islip, Islip, Great River, Ocean Beach, Oakdale, West Sayville, Bohemia, West Islip, and Ronkonkoma.

There are plenty of blue voters in many of those communities, if they get out and vote. It’s an R+3 district, which this year… could be very unsafe.

1 Like

It’s the Nassau County Republicans who keep him in there. If the ®s are demoralized this year, and we get out and vote… he’s not safe.

1 Like

Run with that message, you racist asshole. Go for it.

1 Like

Long Island has a huge and growing Central American and Caribbean migrant population. King, like Donald Trump, is playing to the GOP White Suburban base. The attitudes exist in NY and in NYC. The irony is that his White Suburban base is third and fourth generation Irish, Italian, Jewish, who were all victims of WASP racism, including the Fake Science of Eugenics, in which you could Major at Harvard, Yale, Princeton and the other Ivy League colleges. There is also irony in that these descendants of immigrants who were the object of anti immigrant hysteria, are themselves promoting the modern version of the same attitudes, and have subjected the Central American migrants to violence and even murder. The Southern Poverty Law Center issued a Report about Suffolk County in 2009. https://www.splcenter.org/20090831/climate-fear-latino-immigrants-suffolk-county-ny

2 Likes

Wrong King, this is the one from Long Island. Not that Iowa doesn’t also need to step up and curb their asshole as well…

1 Like

Sorry … brain clog.

1 Like

You may be right. Friends from the old neighborhood tell me his shelf live may be coming to an end.
It would be a shocker as he’s always out working his base but his look and act is old and tired.

Was it this one?

1 Like

Well, he’s been my parent’s rep since the 93. They must have changed the districts somewhat.

They did. They basically swapped the 2nd and the 3rd. King had been representing the 2nd. More or less, they just re-numbered them.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available