Discussion: GOP Rep: Border Crisis Won't Hurt GOP Since 'Americans Care More About Americans'

1 Like

He’s right, you know…

2 Likes

that’s what scares me.

6 Likes

That may be true in his district (with no border issues or large immigrant population), but that’s not flying here in Houston (which turned almost completely blue in 2016 and is set to keep it that way.)

28 Likes

They’ll wear this thing like a dead antelope, albatross and anteater around their necks for a long time. God help them if violence or other further evil is brought on any of these kids and it gets out.

ETA: I think I saw a poll showing a 50 point swing in a WV congressional race in past day or so. R’s are fucked and this shit ain’t helping one iota.

31 Likes

Truly the epitome of a modern Christian nation.

16 Likes

WTF, New York. Why do you elect this bigoted asshat?

11 Likes

I don’t know about this.

As Americans, we like to think we have the moral high ground. We saved the world from the Nazis and Communists, believe in Freedom and opportunity and pulling ourselves up by our bootstraps. Our self-image of being that shining city on a hill, that beacon of hope for the world, in fact, the world’s last, best hope is shattered. Now we have other countries lecturing us on human rights. I don’t think that sits well with most Americans. It definitely doesn’t sit well with me. But I guess we’ll see.

27 Likes

Pete’s been hitting the sauce again.

5 Likes

He doesn’t represent NYC, but rather, parts of Nassau and Suffolk Counties. A whole different world.

6 Likes

Rich WASP’s, perhaps? :wink:

2 Likes

The numbers don’t seem to support his assumption. Per Gallup:

“A record-high 75% of Americans, including majorities of all party groups, think immigration is a good thing for the U.S. – up slightly from 71% last year. Just 19% of the public considers immigration a bad thing. […]”

And, by the way, they’re not doing right by a lot of Americans either. Trade war, anyone?

17 Likes

You know he isn’t wrong. If gun control has taught me anything it is the American people move on to the next topic the moment they think a crisis is over even if the underlying issues continue to simmer. It is a function of how the media works.

3 Likes

Hell, Uganda can lecture us on human rights now.

11 Likes

Ebola virus, much?

6 Likes

We helped Britain with that

1 Like

Pete King is the King of the Pig People

3 Likes

Representative King is, as usual, brutishly wrong in his statement. People of conscience, people of compassion , care deeply about non-white children being ripped away from their parents and placed in cages in a Trump concentration camp. King evidently does not care. His only concern is his re-election. The non- white Children, who are being warehoused and traumatized as a result of President Trump’s dictate of No Tolerance , do not vote in his district,so it is of no concern to him. His lack of humanity, his unwillingness to call out the cruelty of No Tolerance, hopefully will be factors for people voting in his legislative District… People of Conscience likely will care more about the abuse of asylum seekers and their children than King’s ,at best, indifference,if not, contempt for the immigrants harmed by the Trump administration and its enablers and apologists, like King.

9 Likes

If Americans cared more about Americans they’d provide Americans with universal care, fully-funded education and they wouldn’t hire undocumented, cheap, exploitable labor from Mexico, nor would they outsource American jobs to China and beyond…

12 Likes

Do people not know that Pete King was the #1 defender of the IRA in Congress for many years? He was happy to subvert the foreign policy of Americans for the interests of Irish terrorists.

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available